Consultant - Junior PMO
The EY Consulting Line has a global network of over 23,000 professionals with over 4,000 advisors in the UK & Ireland (UK&I). We provide Technology, Business and People Consulting services to our clients.
EY Technology Consulting sits within the UKI Consulting team and is a leading provider of differentiated technology consulting services, harnessing new disruptive technology, alliances and talented people to solve our clients’ issues. We are looking for talented people to join our team and accelerate our next stage of growth.
Having undergone a paradigm shift in recent years, SAP offers an innovative high-performance real-time platform and solutions which are enabling organisations to become intelligent enterprises. Our EY SAP team is focused on working with our clients to leverage these SAP innovations and create business value. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a keenness to learn to join our SAP Programme Management practice to support our clients on their business transformation journeys and large-scale SAP implementation projects.
The successful candidate will be a business-focused and confident individual who has a desire to build a career within the programme and project management domain and to contribute to the building of a rapidly growing capability in EY. We are looking for an individual who is highly organised with an attention to detail but also embraces flexibility and the agility which delivering in today’s ever-changing business environment demands.
Your key responsibilities
At Consultant level you will be a key member of the programme management office working directly for the programme and project management leadership team to support them in the delivery of complex programmes and project engagements for leading UK businesses. In your role as an EY Consultant you will have responsibility for managing and delivering key aspects of the project delivery process within our client base.
You will therefore be:
· Highly organised with an attention to detail
· An excellent communicator both written and orally
· A goal-oriented individual who is used to delivering against tight timelines
· Someone who is flexible with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
· Analytically minded
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
· Plans, prioritises and manages workload effectively to achieve long term objectives
· Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across different professional groups
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with colleagues and clients
· Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience of providing effective PMO services to support successful project delivery
· Experience of the Implementation of programme and project management standards, processes and guidelines, and their continual development to meet organisational need
· Experience of portfolio / project resource management reporting and analysis
· Development and delivery of status reports to Senior Management
· Workshop facilitation including with senior stakeholders
· Excellent IT skills to produce reports, presentations and analysis
· Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
Ideally, you will also have
· Knowledge of project delivery approaches including both traditional waterfall and agile methods
· A working knowledge of Project management tools
· Had previous involvement with project business case development
What we look for
You will be comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplined team organising and co-ordinating many aspects of the programme management delivery, where you operate collaboratively with colleagues and with client teams to help them in the implementation of the latest SAP technology.
Core consulting skills
Communication – Verbal and Written, Budget and Cost Management, Issues & Risk Management, Resource Time Management, Project Status Reporting and Analysis
Expert knowledge of personal office products to produce reports, presentations and analysis
Market/ Sector knowledge
Have educational or work experience in any of the key markets of Energy and Resources, Health Sciences and Wellness, Consumer, TMT and Government Local or National would be a distinct advantage.
What working at EY Agility works offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY Agility works
EY AgilityWorks is a result of EY acquiring AgilityWorks in December 2019. We are a disruptive SAP solutions and services company operating across the intersection of the latest disruptive mobile, big data, cloud solutions and application managed services. It helps progressive organisations to transform and prosper in the digital environment, where new ways of working are possible across the entire value chain. EY AgilityWorks has developed significant experience and intellectual capital working with some of the world’s leading brands. These organisations are characterised by having SAP at the heart of their enterprise system landscape with a drive to realise greater agility and quicker time-to-value.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.