Financial Services Assurance – Project Account Support co-ordinator - Bristol
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, driven individual to join the FS Assurance team at EY in our Bristol office, playing a key role in the smooth running of the audits within your portfolio of clients.
Working as a valued member of FS Assurance, you will interface with EY engagement team members and on occasion external client personnel at all levels of seniority. We are looking for someone who has the autonomy to become a trusted member of the team and capable of making independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion and take ownership of processes whilst managing multiple stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities:
You will spend most of your time dedicated to engagement administration and non-technical project coordination. You will provide day to day support to audit teams their activities and service delivery of audit engagements, including both financial analysis & general administration. Your teams will rely on you to ensure matters such as budgets, invoicing and supporting analysis for fee negotiations are all prepared accurately and on a timely basis and they will also look to you for guidance and coaching when navigating the firm’s internal systems and processes.
Skills and attributes for success:
· Prepare supporting analysis for fee billings, monitoring and conducting credit collection
· Support the teams to comply with the firm’s annual risk management processes and ensuring they are delivered in line with QRM milestones
· Take the lead on budget setting and analysis, challenge work in progress, summarise costs against budget and highlight any variances to the senior members of the account team
· Act as a main point of contact on your clients, dealing with all non-technical coordination queries and proactively build ongoing relationships with all key stakeholders
· Play a key role in project managing the audit cycle on your assigned portfolio from planning through to delivery maintaining regular contact with all stakeholders and ensuring engagements are sufficiently staffed
· Prepare and distribute material for meetings, facilitate discussion, distribute minutes and follow up on actions
· Work closely with EYs overseas GDS (Global Delivery Service) team, delegating routine admin tasks - supervise and monitor the work of the GDS function maintaining overall responsibility for task completion
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· A keen desire to learn, preferably with experience in a professional services environment
· Understand account management with proven project management skills
· Ability to multitask and deal with a wide and varied workload and during key busy periods, be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
· Numeracy skills and the ability to learn and understand calculation of financial measures
· Ability to plan & manage own workload with minimal direction and complete projects on an accurate and timely basis. Managing multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects with the ability to prioritise is essential
· Strong communication skills, specifically questioning, challenging and confidence to approach stakeholders of all seniority
· High level of competency in MS Office with advanced level MS Excel
· Strong customer service focus and ability to anticipate team / client requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Experience of tracking actual costs against budget on a project and an understanding of financial measures
· Experience of reporting directly to senior stakeholders on a project
· Be educated to at least 'A' Levels standard or equivalent qualifications
What we look for:
You will be a confident self-starter who is passionate about the opportunity to work for a large global business. You will need willingness to learn new systems and processes but be able to challenge and improve processes where appropriate. We need you to be adaptable and able to interact effectively with all levels from Senior Partners to First Year trainees, as well as senior stakeholders at our clients.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Make your mark. Apply now.