As a Senior Associate for Global Print Services in the In-office Experience team, your primary responsibility will be to work the Print Team's ticket queues for Service Requests and Incidents, completing them within the required SLAs. This Level-4 support will span all print/scan applications and the associated devices in use at Ernst and Young. You will be an escalation point for operational issues for our service, ensuring that our response meets SLAs and that proper hand-offs are happening between shifts. You will also be responsible for assisting in the performance and compatibility testing for new products, including the regression testing of new versions of firmcode released for our devices. You will participate in projects, as assigned, for the In-office Experience and Legacy Technology team, assisting with the deployment of solutions. The successful candidate must be able to manage service requests and incidents with minimal assistance. Must be able to perform work, as required, during off-hours and in a high-pressure environment.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Strong experience troubleshooting and remediating 4th level print and scan issues.
· Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot print/scan servers and devices according to Global Print Services standards.
· Deep knowledge of print devices (esp. HP and Canon) including firmware, printer profiles, printer queues, printer spoolers and printer features and functions for single and multi-function devices.
· Experience with security protocols, ciphers and related network and internet protocols (TLS, SNMP, DNS, HTTPs, etc.).
· Experience with ServiceNow to include management of Change Requests, Service Requests and Incidents, subtasks, service reporting, KB article authoring.
· Ability to coordinate and perform server and device installations as part of office moves / office commissioning. Activities include: Print device configuration, print server configuration for Equitrac and eCopy servers.
· Must work with EY MPS vendors to complete project activities or resolve issues
· Articulate technical concepts into verbal discussions and email communications to managers, business stakeholders and peers.
· Solid understanding of site planning functions related to print fleet device selection and capacity and sizing.
· Ability to execute test plans for UAT and/or functional testing.
· Technical experience with Nuance Sharescan and Equitrac a big plus
· Maintain responsibility for individual resource utilization whilst working on projects, meeting defined capacity models and providing regular utilization reporting.
· Work with the broader project team and PM’s to ensure deliverables are meeting deadlines and budgets.
· Ensure full and correct time capture on a weekly basis for all project and administration work to allow effective top level reporting.
· EUTX Service Owners and Technical Leads
· Solutions delivery staff (Project Managers)
· L3/Operations leaders and staff
· ARM representatives
· Experience & Architecture Team
· External vendors and suppliers
· Key business stakeholders (globally)
· Management of Incidents and Service request queue within SLAs and with high customer satisfaction.
· Participate in projects as assigned, completing tasks within project timeline.
· Must be able to consistently connect with Global Print Services managers and key stakeholders across all time zones and be available for key planning and administrative activities.
· Identify new technical and workflow issues, working with Global print managers to resolve them.
· Complete work in accordance with infrastructure design methodologies during projects, working with both the Solutions Delivery and Operations teams.
· Achieve "first-pass" check of quality for tasks and service requests as assigned to you.
· Support and reinforce architecture standards and principles, global product-specific guidelines and local regulatory requirements.
· Work with Global Print Services managers, providing support for infrastructure maintenance, problem management and incident escalation in assigned region.
· Participate in daily handoff between shifts to assure smooth transition for an work activities in your area.
· Must have high ownership for all tasks within your scope, working with minimal oversight to resolve issues, manage outages and deliver project work.
· Must be effective in managing escalations, notifying your service management team, gathering additional team resources, coordinating activities during shift transitions .
· Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people within and outside of IT to balance demands .
· Must be able to work with managers and directors of other technical teams, resolving issues related to platform stability or workflows.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change .
· Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoring services .
· High level of interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills .
· Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to work in virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Must take ownership of technical issues, working with associates, team managers, vendors and other teams to resolve engineering problems, coordinating intra-group activities, driving projects and tasks to a conclusion.
· Mastery of print/scan device configuration, print server design, scan and print install and support for system operating across a global infrastructure .
· Ability to manage and guide appropriate changes, solutions and services within the directives of the role’s strategic remit .
· Utilize knowledge of culture, people behavior, financial management, marketing, adoption, service delivery and technology to prepare for executive decisions .
· Use consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking to understand current directives and recommend viable solutions that are both effective and supporting the value to the business .
· Escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting change issues to appropriate teams, handle multiple and shifting priorities across a broad spectrum of operating environments and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Experience in the administration of WebJet Admin with experience administrating and managing updates for very large scale print environments.
· Solid understanding of HP and Canon device configuration for A3 and A4 devices with expertise in firmware management and firmware security.
· Experience working with print related protocols for devices and print servers in a large enterprise print environment.
· Understanding of other technologies such as Active Directory, Windows servers, DNS, and load balancing.
· Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge.
· DNS and DHCP Knowledge.
· Basic networking knowledge and skills
· The role will report to the Service Owner of Global Print Services.
· This role will have administrative, project and task management responsibilities that will require coordination of other team resources, peer team resources and vendor resources.
· Team or supervision may be remote based and/or in a work from home setting that will require distance management skills across locations, cultures and time zones.
· The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues and some travel to support change or planned project activities.
· Fluency in Spanish language.
Education & Experience
· A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline, plus an industry accreditation or equivalent work experience.
· Substantial, extensive and demonstrated experience in various aspects of technology infrastructure design and implementation, with tangible, relevant and demonstrated experience in delivering projects within scope and budget.
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the print industry desired.
· Proven Enterprise Print and Scan experience for very large scale print environments (strong preference for global experience).
· Proficient in the English language, specifically:
· HP/Canon print, Nuance and Microsoft Server certifications are a plus.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people to balance demands.
· Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoring services.
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills.
· Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives.
Shift: Monday to Friday from 9 to 6 PM.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.