Opportunities across all levels in Financial Services Transactions - Bank restructuring, loan sales and due diligence, FS TAS Bristol
EY’s Financial Services Transactions team help companies drive growth and fast-track value creation by focusing on their capital and transaction strategy right through to execution. In a rapidly changing, increasingly digital and disrupted business environment, we support the flow of capital across borders, help bring new products and innovation to market, and enable organisations to reshape themselves for a better future.
Our EMEIA Financial Services transactions practice has grown to almost 500 people, and in the UK we have grown to a team of around 200. Join us and you'll be a member of our market-leading, multidisciplinary team in what is the only integrated transactions business across EMEIA. We’re looking to recruit experienced Transaction Advisory Services staff at all levels within Financial Services.
Our Bank Restructuring team provides leadership in difficult and complex situations. The team works at the heart of the European banking sector advising on distressed and stressed situations. Understand the quality of loans is core to the work we do whether it is analysing the asset quality of a bank’s balance sheet or advising clients on loan sale transactions. Our clients are governments, regulators, banks and funds and our stakeholders are C-suite level executives and investors.
Our FS Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within TAS and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
The continued success of our business means we are looking to add to our FS Transactions team. We are looking across levels for due-diligence and restructuring professionals to support the delivery of assignments alongside multi-disciplinary EY teams in the UK and overseas.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will be exposure to a variety of projects across our capabilities. Work undertaken by current Executives in our team includes;
· Analysis of financial statements, pro-formal financial information and loan portfolios
· Perform industry and company research
· Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on a transaction
· Working on sell-side engagements for financial transactions, including loan sales
· Leading day-to-day work on buy-side due diligence engagements
· Reviewing the operational and business models of European lenders
· Supporting business development activities and thought leadership
· Prepare client deliverables including excel databook analysis, reports and presentations
· Assist in managing the input of other service lines to the assignment, gaining a good overall understanding of the key issues for the proposed transaction
· Develop and maintain an external and internal network of contacts through personal contacts and previous client assignments.
To qualify for the role you must have
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
· Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector, and exposure to non-performing loans
· The ability to analyse bank financial statements and understand bank accounting concepts
· Financial due-diligence experience
· A high degree of proficiency in excel
· Experience in writing reports
· Strong academic background
· Willingness to travel - many of our projects are outside of the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
The following experience or capability would be advantageous:
· ACA/ CFA or equivalent
· Financial modelling experience
· Understanding of concepts such as bank valuation, MREL, TLAC, Basel III
· Understanding of a bank's operations, value chain and key functions
· Individuals with fluency in other European languages are especially welcome
What working at EY offers
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.