Description de l'offre
The Law team at EY is a new, fast growing and dynamic subservice line. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow. Law is a fully integrated part of EY and we are looking for people who will enjoy and thrive within one of the largest professional services firms in the world.
EY Law in UK&I plans to build a substantial law business by 2020 and beyond. EY globally already has over 2000 lawyers across 80 jurisdictions and entered the UK market in March 2015. Our intent is to be the market-leading, multi-disciplinary practice in the country. EY Law has since then grown quickly and now has over 55 lawyers based in London, Manchester and Belfast with a range of specialisms including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, employment, technology start-ups, regulation and commercial law. EY Law has its own external client base and also provides legal services to support EY clients requiring a complete professional services solution working with other specialisms (such as tax, accounting and advisory) across EY.
EY are looking for lawyers who will create a distinctive and differentiated law brand with us. This role is for candidates who have worked either in established law firms or in-house and who want to develop their careers by being part of a growing team. We are looking for technically capable, energetic, intellectually curious and motivated people who will enjoy the challenge of joining a developing fast growth practice and helping us build the team.
Your key responsibilities
· To deliver exceptional client service for clients both externally and within EY;
· To develop relationships with clients and within EY and to create your own networks;
· To identify opportunities and support the team in the development of its infrastructure;
· Manage the successful delivery of UK Law projects, ensuring technical excellence and applying a practical/ business driven approach.
Skills and experience required
· Ability to get up to speed quickly on esoteric areas and be keen to continue developing legal skills and engage in new areas of work;
· Strong, technical and drafting skills are essential with good experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several jurisdictions;
· Proven ability to read and interpret both existing and new legislation;
· Team player with ability to integrate into new teams quickly;
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality work;
· Strong technical skills and intellectual curiosity;
· Ability to build trusted relationships;
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral;
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to consult and refer upwards;
· Client focused and commercially aware;
· Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations;
· Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the team;
· Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time;
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
T o qualify for the role you must have
· ExperiencedUK-qualified solicitor with 0 to 4 years’ PQE experience, some of which should have been gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered)
· High level of technical knowledge of UK corporate and contract law
· Experience of advising on intra group reorganisations such as carve outs, post deal integrations, corporate simplification, branch conversions and intra group financings.
· Knowledge of, if not experience of, advising on most or all of the following issues:
· intra- group reorganisations including share and business transfers, and in particular issues surrounding transactions at an undervalue / deemed distributions, loan waivers and debt assignments;
· legal entity rationalisation;
· capital reductions (both solvent and court approved);
· changes to share capital;
· debt listings (Eurobonds);
· mergers (particularly cross border mergers) and intra group reorganisations in an international context;
· European companies (Societas Europeas / SEs);
· corporate governance
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.