The Law team at EY is a fast growing and dynamic integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation.
We are currently seeking a junior solicitor (approximately 1-3 PQE) to join our Digital and Privacy Law team within EY Law in London. The role is client facing and will report to a Manager in the Digital and Privacy Law team.
The Digital and Privacy Law team is part of our wider Tech Law practice. It focusses on complex commercial and technology contracts, data protection and privacy and non-contentious IP matters. We integrate fully within EY, both in the UK and globally, and leverage the existing growth platforms that EY already has, with their extensive list of clients, resources and global presence.
We work across all sectors of the UK economy and with our counterparts across the global EY Law network to provide multi-jurisdictional advice.
Your key responsibilities
· Delivering exceptional client service through consistently producing high quality work, demonstrating technical competence and insight
· Contributing to the delivery of client engagements, assisting all members of the Digital and Privacy Law team
· Managing client matters, including attending client meetings and building relationships with our existing and new clients
· Building and maintaining relationships with other EY professionals contributing to a commercial law offering
· Managing possible leads from other areas of the practice
· Working on client accounts, assisting with the preparation of proposals, participating in pitches
Skills and attributes for success
· Commercially aware with an appreciation of the business context within which commercial advice applies
· A genuine interest and understanding of how businesses make, market and deliver goods and services in the 21 st century
· Ability to build strong client relationships with experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities
· Demonstrable experience in delivering quality outputs to clients
· Ability to identify opportunities to sell work
· Project management skills, planning and prioritising work, meeting deadlines and monitoring own and team budget and time
To qualify for the role you must have
· UK (or commonwealth) qualified lawyer (approximately 1 to 3 years PQE) with experience gained at a reputable firm or in-house legal department
· Commercial contracting experience, ideally in relation to:
· IT/Digital law contracts
· E-commerce/M-Commerce (and the related rules around distance selling)
· Supply of goods and services (purchasing, distribution, agency, logistics, franchising, licensing, etc.)
· Intra-group contracting arrangements (particularly in the context of transfer pricing)
· Consumer protection
· A working knowledge of soft IP
· A good knowledge of Data Protection (including the GDPR)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
· An innovative mindset (supporting the use of technology to improve service delivery
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
· Enthusiastic team player
· Experience of managing a small team
· Change orientated with flexible approach
· The ability to promote the practice’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publications
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
What we look for
This role is suitable for candidates who have worked in established law firms or in-house legal departments and who are looking to expand their career with this near-greenfield opportunity by being part of and directing a growing team, helping to create a new and successful legal practice. We are looking for highly talented and motivational people, who want to continue to develop themselves and others when they join the firm.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.