Reporting to: Finance Manager
Location: Dublin or Limerick Office
EY, a leading global professional services firm, gives you access to global opportunities in a challenging, rewarding and dynamic environment. Wherever your aspirations lie, if you have the drive and determination you will find the scope and support to realise your professional and personal ambitions.
We are currently seeking a newly qualified, or nearly qualified, financial accountant to work alongside talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds within the finance department. You will be part of a culture that is results-focused, collaborative and inspirational.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this varied role involves preparation of monthly management accounts for the firms Services Company. In addition to the role the ideal candidate will be responsible for all governance matters of the Service Co and assist in treasury responsibilities for the Irish firm.
Key tasks will include;
• Month end close activities to include journal processing for all bank postings, HC revenue, WIP transfer requests, accruals and prepayments.
• Responsibility for Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Work with AP and AR teams to clear Bank reconciliations to eliminate non accountability of costs in P&L. Work with GDS team and ensure all GDS owned reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide analysis to GDS team via Workflow for International secondment and ad hoc billing along with liaising with the Global Mobility team to ensure inbound and outbound processes are completed and managed on a monthly and timely manner.
• Preparation of CSO returns, build relationship with HR and IT to enable full compliance in completion of returns.
• Responsibility for coding of invoices on Basware ensuring accuracy at all times, manage the EMEA / Global recharges and drive approval process
• Assistance in the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Work with GL colleague on Service company yearly audit file and liaising with the external auditors during their annual on-site
• Take ownership of VIES/VAT/Annual revenue returns and be fully compliant
• Assistance in the preparation of the firm’s IFRS reporting pack
• Support the finance manager on all treasury related matters including reporting of daily bank balances, assisting on cash flow preparation and treasury compliance with the firm’s internal and external banking partners
• Working with the Finance Manager to ensure policies, processes and technical judgments are documented and accessible to the finance function
• Ad Hoc requirements and projects as requeste
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.