As a tax professional at EY, you'll grow upon the technical knowledge and industry experience you have to help clients manage their tax obligations effectively and enhance their financial performance. In turn, we'll help you achieve your potential by giving you business advisory experience and professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are motivated, enthusiastic and keen to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax team. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the UK. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, focusing on mid-market and large corporates. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your knowledge and network.
Your key responsibilities
· To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services.
· Maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
· Capable of drafting reviews
· Ability to grow relationships both within the firm and externally with clients
· Key member of one of the client service groups providing full tax services to a client portfolio
· Accomplish successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
· Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
· Relevant VAT experience
· Keen to develop further
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
· Client focused and commercially aware
· Ability to manage client expectations
· Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
· ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now .
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.