Government & Public Sector - Java Developer
Are you ready to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that offers an exciting career path full of opportunity? If so, Ernst & Young LLP’s (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a robust and emerging area with tremendous potential for growth. Our GPS practice combines an understanding of the public sector’s diverse needs, focused on delivering improved public services, with private sector leading practices. We respond to our client’s issues by bringing together highly skilled professionals across our business service lines. This integrated approach facilitates multi-dimensional support and flexibility to craft a unique solution to meet our clients’ changing needs.
When you’re on our Government & Public Sector (GPS) team, you’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. Our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based, and competency-driven. That’s what differentiates EY U.S. GPS in the government marketplace.
As a member of our team, you’ll join our professionals, serving in key roles advising U.S. federal agencies addressing issues in cybersecurity and technology consulting. Our practice focuses across disciplines with Defense and National Security, Civilian, Health, and International agencies.
Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive, and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
Your key responsibilities
· Develop rapport with others by demonstrating an understanding of their concerns, needs and issues, and focus on developing an internal network of relationships that can provide advice and support; consistently deliver quality client services
· Team as a java developer to support client workstreams using CyberArk
· Utilize Identity and Access Management
· Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business and cybersecurity
· Assist engagement teams in evaluating client vulnerability management programs across people, process and technology
· Develop reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
· Improve EY’s business processes and cybersecurity response methodologies
· Assist in the project management of cybersecurity projects, including development of project charters, project plans and status updates
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related technical field
· 2+ year experience with Java or similar language (object-oriented programming)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving, presentation and communication skills
· Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks/standards
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior Big 4 or other relevant consulting experience
· A military/government background
· Understanding of federal/government consulting
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for software development and cybersecurity. With your broad exposure across cyber, we’ll turn to you to speak up with innovative ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us – but also to the industry as a whole. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.