Government & Public Sector – Data & Analytics Consultant
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
· Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
· Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations
· Oversee documentation and execution of specific audit procedures
· Identify opportunities to enhance audit techniques
· Drive development of audit and accounting client deliverables
· Perform financial and audit data analytics
· Monitor project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables.
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
· Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
· Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
· Direct field work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage Analyst performance
· Manage resources, communications, and cost management of projects/programs
· Assume responsibility for the collection and documentation of project and engagement financial, accounting and audit related information for daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting, as directed
· Assume responsibility for the completion and delivery of engagement specific work products and deliverables
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Bachelor's degree
· United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher
· 2+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with R, SQL, Tableau, and PowerBI
· Proven people management experience and ability to manage large teams in a metrics-driven, managed services environment, supporting nationally distributed teams and clients
· Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills demonstrated through effective writing and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders
· Ability to meet all project and client engagement milestones, deadlines and budgets
· Ability to monitor the scope of projects and engagements and ability to determine if adjustments are required
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effectively work with a nationally distributed team
· Excellent skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and following up on open issues
· Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs.
For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.