GVMO - Global Software Licensing Specialist - Assistant Director
EY Technology: Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through four business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
Global Vendor Management Organization (GVMO) - brings a consistent approach, supporting technology and best practices to managing contracts right across EY.
The Global Vendor Management Organization (GVMO) maintains a global Software Asset Management (SAM) team accountable for targeted optimization of complex, high value software contracts which underpin our business. GMVO seeks a senior, highly experienced Software Licensing and SAM specialist to help us drive the maximum value from these contracts. Reporting to the Global SAM Strategic Lead, working both independently and within a wider team of SAM and licensing experts, the successful candidate will be directly involved with some of the largest most complex software licensing contracts in the world, across a wide range of global class vendors. Many of EY’s key client offerings leverage complex software contracts. As well as traditional perpetual licensing with maintenance, you will be involved with a wide variety of cloud subscription services (Azure and many others), complex infrastructure licensing scenarios, client integrated licensing assessments, usage tracking activities and more. The successful candidate will need to handle licensing related matters, but also to define and be part of various governance and SAM process initiatives as part of an integrated team, including finance, procurement and technical personnel.
The role will require occasional travel, in country and internationally including India, US, UK or other destinations.
Your key responsibilities
• You will be responsible for the delivery and management of all aspects of Software Asset and License Management such as governance design, process definition, discovery, usage tracking, reporting, audit response, compliance validation, renewal, cost recovery modelling,
• You will be responsible for managing occasional audit response projects, both internally and from Vendors, requiring good commercial awareness as well as subject matter depth
• You will work closely with the SAM Strategic lead and Commercial teams to influence procurement and contracting strategies to optimize license spend across EY.
• You will work closely with the Finance team to influence internal chargeback design and administration and collaborate to provide appropriate license spend forecasts.
• You will assist with the software License Position assessment and development as part of a team of an Effective License Position (ELP) & 12 Month Renewal Plan for a considerable number of software contracts
• Identifying cost savings and optimization opportunities for various software vendors.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
• 6-10+ years of proven experience in Software Asset and License Management working in large corporate environment
• Proven abilities to manage server software licensing models and product use rights across major software vendors.
• Experience in working with high-value software contracts with vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle
• Experience working with IT asset management systems and IT asset discovery technologies
• Solid experience in contract negotiation and management
• Experience in Cloud consumption management, ability to identify cost saving opportunities and optimization
• Sufficient technical understanding to support all licensing models
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications and product user rights
• Recognized professional qualifications such as: ITILv3; CITAM; CSAM
• Big 4 experience and training
• At least three years’ experience in the delivery of Software License reviews/audits
• Experience of working internationally
What we look for
• To be successful in this role, you must be an intelligent self-starter with a positive can-do attitude who takes ownership and responsibility of their work
• You should be able to work effectively in a home/remote office environment
• You should enjoy learning new things in a rapid changing international environment with many deliverables and competing priorities and stakeholders
• You will be someone willing to constructively challenge, yet reach a positive balance with EY’s best interests at the core of your decision making
• You should have truly excellent communication skills, able to confidently and concisely communicate with a wide range of people, roles and seniorities
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.