Geostrategic Business Group Intern
Paid Internship - March to June 2021
The EY Geostrategic Business Group (GBG) helps organizations translate geopolitical insights into business strategy.
Geopolitics affects every global organization, from strategy to supply chain. Yet, many companies struggle to assess and manage this disruption and the impacts it has on their business. The GBG harnesses EY’s global footprint and local knowledge, and collaborates with third-party firms to bring an added independent political risk perspective.
The GBG Insights team develops market-leading insight around geopolitics, corporate performance and political risk management. The GBG Geostrategy team develops actionable plans to help organizations better monitor, assess and manage political risks. Translating geopolitical insights into business strategy, the GBG helps organizations design and implement political risk management, putting in place the governance and processes that adapt business strategy and broader risk management practices to overcome challenges and seize opportunities associated with an increasingly dynamic geopolitical environment.
The role of the GBG Intern is to assist the Insights and Geostrategy teams in researching, analyzing and delivering business-relevant political risk insights to EY account teams and clients.
• Research and synthesize analysis on current political risk developments in a timely manner
• Assist in identifying emerging political risk issues in key markets around the world
• Attend (virtually) and share key findings from external and internal webinars on topics related to political risk and geostrategy
• Develop brief memos, PowerPoint slides and other written materials to present geostrategy research and analysis
• Attend and actively participate in GBG team meetings
To qualify, candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Political Economy or related field
• Be enrolled in a Master’s degree program in Political Science, International Relations, Political Economy, Business Administration or related field
• Advanced written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently in a matrixed team
• Dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Integrity within a professional work environment
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.