Ernst & Young (“EY”) helps clients operate more effectively in moving goods around the world.
EY is establishing a Global Classification Center of Excellence (“Classification COE”) to help clients manage export and import classifications. The Classification COE will consist of a dedicated team of trained classifiers responsible for analysing the technical characteristics of products and assigning proper export and import classifications to the products. Effective classification analysis is critical for our clients to move products on a real-time basis for export and import around the world.
The Classification COE will offer classifications for certain key categories of goods focused in the chemical, medical device, and consumer goods sectors. We anticipate future work to also include classification of equipment, technology and goods in other sectors.
Technical skills requirements
Classification COE should have:
· Experience determining tariff classifications in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System;
· Export Control classification knowledge is a plus
Additionally, Classification COE should have one or more of the following industry experience or educational background:
· An undergraduate degree in international trade or licensed customs broker
· Strong background/experiences/commodity expertise with machinery and equipment or electronics is a plus;
· Relevant experience working in biotechnology, medical technology and/or pharmaceutical industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists).
Additional skills requirements
· Proficiency with MS Windows, word processing, database and spreadsheet software;
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Strong written/ verbal communication skills;
· Ability to analyze regulations and procedures and relate them to operations;
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
· Experience managing a team;
· Fluency in English is required;
· Fluency in Mandarin is required;
· Fluency in any other language is a plus