An exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic, successful team in the EY Innovation Incentives practice.
As a team we support clients from FTSE100 through the mid-market in claiming the R&D and other incentives which were introduced by the government to encourage UK companies to invest in innovation.
Whilst already leading our market in our use of technology, we are investing further in our Digital future through the development of more exciting technology projects, from complex data transformation, through client facing analytics, to insight-focused machine learning applications.
You will be required to work closely with team members of all levels to drive the development in an agile and responsive manner.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced and multi-skilled full-stack developer to take co-ownership of our digital incentives platform, while also enjoying the freedom to identify and pursue other value-add projects in the machine learning and data analytics space.
This role will require you to have strong technical knowledge across a number of tools (listed below), good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage a number of simultaneous work-streams.
The core team in based in London, UK, but there is no location requirement for this role.
Your key responsibilities
· Drive development of key components and tools for our Digital incentives platform
· Understand our business to ensure effective development and enable our clients’ goals
· Application of advanced problem solving skills and critical thinking to apply to project execution and delivery
· A keen desire to adapt and flex existing knowledge to different technologies and build on the core capabilities to inform our digital strategy.
Skills and attributes for success
· You have the ability to swiftly adapt to and learn about our business and demonstrate creativity in supporting our business needs through technology
· Core Technical skillset: You will be competent in and be able to demonstrate technical excellence with:
o Relational database experience, preferably SQL Server
· Desirable additional skills:
o Experience with Test Driven Development (preferably Jest)
o GraphQL experience, ideally Apollo (server and client)
o ORM experience, ideally sequelize
o Experience managing cloud infrastructure, preferably MS Azure
o DevOps experience, such as Docker and automated pipelines (pref. Azure DevOps)
o Data analytics & ML
o Desktop visualisation, preferably using PowerBI
o Alteryx or other ETL tool experience