Forensic Data Analytics Solution Developer, Belfast
EY’s Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused unit within the Forensic and Integrity Services department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries e.g. Financial services, Life sciences, Oil & Gas and Government.
What you will do:
· Develop, document and test high quality software components
· Automation and standardisation of data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation and deployment
· Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
· Use a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
· Drive quality through best practice in areas including documentation, test plans and code management
· Work with multi-disciplinary teams such as Product Owners, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Solution Designers & Developers
· Apply analytic techniques and develop algorithms to detect, respond, prevent, continually monitor and investigate potentially improper transactions for the risks of fraud, bribery & corruption, misconduct or financial crime
· Deploy solutions to internal and external clients
· Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology, innovation and business development
· Strong academic qualifications with a degree in aSTEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
· Ability to work independently
· Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
· Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
· Previous software development experience
· Experience with:
· Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
· Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
· Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
· Statistical techniques (regression, clustering etc.); or
· Machine learning and pattern recognition;
· Azure cloud computing platform;
· Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
· Intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills and a passion for data
· Tenacious and curious, with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things
· Organisational skills and project management potential;
· Adaptable and able to build strong relationships
· Seeking high levels of responsibility
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.