Financial Services (EMEIA) Insurance Audit Executives /Assistant Manager– Birmingham
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY Birmingham to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
UK FSO Assurance is embarking on delivering transformational growth in Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Glasgow. This is a great opportunity to be part of building an FSO success story."
We’re looking for Audit Executives to join our team in Birmingham due to EY’sUK FSO regions ambitious targets, making them a key engine of Vision 2020 growth.
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
· Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client’s sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
· Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
· Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
· Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
· Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
· Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
· ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
· Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge
· Proven and demonstrable experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, ideally have particular experience in the Banking and Wealth and Asset Management markets with Insurance would be of benefit.
· Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff
Location - Birmingham
Salary - Competitive
Hours - 37.5 Monday to Friday
Opening date - 10th July 2018
Closing date - 9th August 2018
Multiple roles available
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed.The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.