Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant – Global External Reporting Team
Rank: Senior Associate
The Global External Reporting Team in London is part of the central finance function that supports the EY network across the globe. The team of nine are responsible for preparing statutory accounts, including consolidations, for the UK EY firm and Global EY entities. The team also provides technical accounting advice to global finance leadership in support of decisions impacting the EY network. The team’s position within the global finance function gives team members exposure to senior management in the UK and globally and results in a variable and wide-ranging workload. The team is motivated, friendly and supportive and well-regarded within finance. Whilst this is not a client facing team, being part of EY will give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop and gain learning experiences in an industry role with the support of a vast network of experienced finance professionals not readily available outside of the professional accounting firm industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join the team to focus on the preparation of the statutory accounts for the UK firm including consolidated group accounts and subsidiaries. The role will include responsibility for the statutory reporting process for specific subsidiaries. There will be close involvement with the external auditors.
Your key responsibilities
• Supporting the year end process, including auditor liaison, consolidation, and preparation and review of the group financial statements.The process takes up a large part of the year, requiring planning and project management skills.
• Preparation of UK subsidiary financial statements.
• Review and involvement in subsidiary accounting throughout the year.
• Liaise with a broad spectrum of other team members including tax, partner finance, treasury, legal and other national departments.
• Ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting which give learning opportunities
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
• Analytical and logical mindset
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively across countries and with senior management
• Proactive, and can operate independently
• Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to build networks with a broad spectrum of other people
• Commercial awareness and appreciation of the impact of accounting decisions on other aspects of the business
• Ability and commitment to work under pressure, including willingness to longer hours at peak times
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and ability to juggle several demands at once
• Team player
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience of IFRS.
• Proficiency in excel to an advanced level of data manipulation.
What we look for
Someone who can work well with a team and is comfortable communicating with people across EY and with senior management. The role requires someone with the ability to build a wide network.
This is a high profile team within the finance function involving direct contact with senior members of the UK finance team. The candidate should have a genuine desire to progress a career within financial reporting.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.