At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In today’s fast-changing world, our clients’ needs are increasingly complex and the services we offer are evolving rapidly to meet them. Our internal Finance function is continually evolving as well. Our global Finance mission is to provide complete, accurate, consistent, timely and insightful financial and operational information/advice that helps build a better working world and achieve our EY strategic ambitions.
Finance provides a wide range of services. Our Markets Finance team proactively supports our client servers on complex account decisions, annual planning, financial performance management through the year, engagement margin improvement and investment decisions.
Joining EY as a Mercury Business Advisor provides you with an excellent opportunity to enter the firm in our internal Core Business Services (CBS) division, as a finance professional, while also gaining exposure to our external client facing service lines of the firm (Assurance, Tax, Consulting, Strategy and Transaction). As a valued member of the Finance team you’ll have the opportunity to ensure high standards of financial management are achieved, by acting as a trusted business advisor to your assigned portfolio of Partners (senior leaders of our client serving teams).
Your key responsibilities
As a Mercury Business Advisor, Senior Associate, you’ll advise and support our client serving teams to effectively manage their external client projects (engagements) from a financial performance perspective. There are two main components of your role: providing impactful, proactive outreach to client serving teams to ensure a financial performance focus on each engagement, and on-demand financial advisory support throughout the engagement life cycle. You’ll be assigned based on service line and will provide support either in person or virtually in a time zone conducive environment.
Through extensive training, you’ll be expected to possess end-to-end Mercury system (SAP finance system) process and policy knowledge. You’ll play a key role to provide the right advice to client serving teams to make the best use of Mercury in order to effectively manage and achieve targeted financial engagement metrics.
You’ll be assigned a book of business of intermediate complexity to help senior executives with engagement analysis, proposing pricing strategies, and analyzing budgets against actual figures. You'll also advise on the billing strategies for assigned clients. As well as being the main contact for client related financial analysis and advice, you'll also help EY’s executives comply with EY finance and quality policies.
Through your strategic approach, and your ability to influence others, you'll provide meaningful analysis and make strong recommendations, to help executives achieve their financial goals for each client.
· Leverage and analyze reporting to identify root causes and consults with client serving teams on how to adjust and improve their engagement metrics; advise and resolve issues through book of business reviews to achieve maximum operational excellence
· Facilitate training for client serving teams on Mercury effective system usage and financial management practices
· Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and leveraging leading practices
· Manage user lack of knowledge / frustration and directs the interaction to the best outcome, flexing personal style where needed
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong ability to identify financial anomalies and trends, and then advise leadership on financial strategies that will ultimately impact business decisions
· Strong ability to build rapport and professional relationships
· Highly effective at virtual teaming and influencing skills when partnering with people of all levels of the firm
· Excellent listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriateLogical approach to problem solving
· Ability to manage time effectively to serve all your assigned Partners, and recognize when extra effort/time is needed to produce optimal outcomes
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word programs as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
· The ability to adapt quickly to change and act as an effective change agent
To qualify for the role, you must have
2+years of experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial capacity conducting analysis and providing recommendations around analysis
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study (finance, accounting) or alternatively, equivalent years of experience in finance or accounting is required to perform this position
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
· The ability towork additional hours to successfully maintain a book of business, train others and participate in special projects; during the year-end financial close processes, no time off is typically approved in the month of June
Ideally, you’ll also have
Prior professional services experience in a similar role
What we look for
Experienced finance professionals who are Trusted Business Advisors with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders while maintaining high levels of financial management. Technical competence and the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be key.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning : You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership : We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.