EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work. Join our finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively.
The Financial Analyst role is an expert in the firm’s SAP-based enterprise system, providing ongoing support, issue resolution, and guidance to users when they need it – while also proactively identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Areas of expertise will include, but not limited to, the following: opportunity creation and management; pricing and budgeting strategies, revenue recognition and fee sharing, billing and receivables management, and more.
The analyst role aims for exceptional client service, providing timely, accurate and insightful support through:
· An understanding of the financial and commercial drivers of portfolio performance
· Excellent questioning and listening skills, to quickly identify root cause and develop solutions
· Awareness of the challenges in account and engagement management
· Robust knowledge of enterprise system
The analyst engages with functional experts as needed (including Finance, CRM, Risk Management, Tax, and others). With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the analyst partners effectively with people at all levels in the firm. This role is part of a global network of Financial Analysts and functional experts providing support to their regions.
Your key responsibilities
In practice, the Financial Analyst will provide on demand support to system users to drive effective use of the tools and processes, with proactive support on more complex or priority areas. The analyst will:
· Demonstrate effective listening and questioning skills
· Partner with users to help resolve questions and issues while educating and providing guidance
· Make relevant decisions to ensure timely and accurate responses
· Engage with users to drive optimal outcomes
· Share knowledge with counterparts and cross-functional teams
· Skills and attributes for success
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
· Logical approach to problem solving
· Effective in virtual teaming
· Experience working with SAP
To qualify for the role you must have
· Business or Technology focused degree with 3-4 years’ work experience
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.