Please note: Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file (Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts)
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and advisory services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Advisory Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Advisory market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential.
Our Advisory team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Risk Consulting practice, a specialty advisory group within Advisory Services (AS), provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational solutions that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions.
We are currently seeking consultants within Risk Consulting, to join one of the following teams in 2020:
• Technology Risk
• Internal Audit,
• Risk Transformation
Please see below for descriptions of these practices and indicate your first and second location and sub-service line preference in the pre-screening questions.
• Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
• Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
• Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions
• Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
• Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in business, engineering, computer science, information systems, or another related major
• Relevant industry experience is a differentiator
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Tech savviness – willingness to learn how to use relevant tools/software’s as needed
• Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Integrity within a professional environment
• Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Our Technology Risk team provides comprehensive information technology-based risk services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and internal audit functions. Professionals in this role will evaluate and test IT general controls, application controls, and business process controls to support financial statement audits, execute service organizational control reporting examinations as well as support IT internal audit projects.
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of the Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA, designation
Our Internal Audit team provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. We plan, lead and perform internal audit, 52-109, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client's risk management strategy resulting in the identification of control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvements and efficiency opportunities as well as company-wide cost improvements.
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of the Certified Internal Auditor, CIA, designation
The objectives of our Risk Transformation (RT) and Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) advisory services are to help clients assess current risks and work with them to reform processes and well as address future risks. We mostly focus on commercial third-party risks and provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape as well as end-to-end solutions. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their third parties, whether required by regulation, contract, or internal objectives/policies.
Our team advises clients on how to realize efficiencies, reduce costs and address business risks with third parties (vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.). We work with a variety of client functions (supply chain / procurement, internal audit, legal counsel, operations, etc.). Typical clients include companies in the various industries such as banking (financial services), energy, construction/infrastructure, consumer, etc. Our typical offerings include:
• Vendor and contract audits
• On-site contract management services
• Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
• Vendor data analytics
• Project cost, schedule and risk management services
• Supply chain management assessments
• Project management process and control assessments
• Assistance with claims and dispute resolutions through identification and reduction of cost overcharges
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of your CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, PMP, P.Eng, or CCIM certification desired
Our Cybersecurity team provides comprehensive security services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance cybersecurity functions. Professionals in this role will work within the National Cybersecurity practice and will be engaged in multiple types of cybersecurity related engagements. As a member, you will contribute technically to cybersecurity and IT risk client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You will also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity such as network & infrastructure security, access and identity management, threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, security governance, risk and compliance, security architecture, data protection and others is an asset
• Solid knowledge of commonly used frameworks and standards used in cybersecurity
• Practical experience with conducting threat and risk assessments preferred
• Working toward Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP, certification
• Nice to have experience with or knowledge of cybersecurity in Industrial Control Systems
How to Apply
To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF file.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
1. Please select the appropriate job posting
2. Log In or Register as a New User
3. Complete all required fields on each page
4. Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
Available sub-service lines will be listed in the pre-screening questions. Please select your first and second choice.
To learn more about EY and our Risk practice, visit us today at http://www.ey.com/ca/en/services/advisory/risk
This posting will officially close on Thursday September 12th 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.