As a member of the Strategic Deal Management team deployed to focus on the most strategic pursuits in the Firm, the Deal Shaper’s main responsibility is to continually evaluate and balance two key objectives throughout a pursuit: (1) Create a positive-sum, mutually attractive value proposition for EY and the client, while (2) identifying and mitigating all major solution, financial, commercial, legal and reputation risks through all necessary precautions (including opting not to do the deal). By shaping the appropriate opportunity, clearly articulating the value proposition, shaping the “win-win” economic/commercial arrangement and clearly defining deal assumptions, the Deal Shaper positions both the client and EY for success.
Your key responsibilities
· Rigorously qualify strategic pursuit opportunities identified by EY teams.
· Lead the process of determining whether a "win-win" business case is possible, and creatively work to develop / shape it.
· Maintain an objective lens in assessing what types of deals the firm should be doing, wants to be doing and what risks are and are not appropriate.
· Creatively mitigate risks through the commercials, solution and contract portions of strategic deals.
· Position EY to be able to win deliverable and desirable deals with our clients that enhance EY's brand, relationship and capabilities.
· Participate in and influence pursuit strategy development, including navigating the power map, developing appropriate win themes, and drive tailoring the solution and business case to meet the client's immediate and more macro-priorities.
· Contribute to the firm's best-practices development and the skills development of Area and Region pursuit team members.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Ensure adoption of COE best-practice pursuit management tools and processes
· Solution-oriented and makes sound decisions quickly, given tight timeframes
· Demonstrate versatility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles
· Influence / challenge the Account Team to optimize the chances of winning
· Provide coaching and feedback to new and less experienced pursuit team members as appropriate.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong understanding of Business Development and Pursuit Management principles
· Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
· Excellent project management skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to influence without authority, lead and coach others
· Ability to develop trust in client relationships and create positive-sum outcomes in large services deals.
· Demonstrated aptitude in all aspects of large deals, including sales strategy, relationship management, costing/pricing, bid management, solution design, risk mitigation and contracting / closing.
· Versatility and flexibility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles.
· Ability to get up to speed quickly on an opportunity with novel substance.
· Manage a wide range of senior stakeholders across a matrix organization
To qualify for the role, you must have
· University/Bachelor degree required (This should be modified per region to meet cultural education requirements as determined by recruiting)
· 10-12 years of Pursuit Management experience
· Previous experience of managing teams/communities
· Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
· Experience of operations management and process improvement
· Experience working in a cross-border, multi-cultural environment
· As the job involves responding to clients' needs and varying time zones, long hours are regularly required.
· Moderate to frequent travel will be required
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.