The newly established Africa Data Delivery Centre will rapidly grow into a core service for our Africa Assurance business, providing centralized support for our mainstream digital analytical solutions. We are currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity in this team. Be part of this ground-breaking centre of excellence that will change the way that audit teams engage with clients around meaningful analysis and insights created by our digital solutions.
· Extract, transform and load data into core digital analytical tools for the Africa Assurance business. This will span a wide variety of clients across systems, sectors and geographies.
· Extraction will require knowledge of key ERPs including but not limited to SAP, Oracle, AccPac, Navision, Sage and other common ERP’s used across Africa.
· Using a combination of manual processes, automated scripts and macros to extract transform and load data into the core digital analytical tools to agreed SLA targets.
· Closely working with data delivery centre specialists, clients and/or audit managers to extract data and perform extraction transformation and loading, as well as initial analytical analysis and exception identification.
· Participate in the Data Delivery centre learning and sharing initiatives to leverage from the EMEIA and Global data delivery and digital solution networks.
· Staying abreast of developments in EY’s digital solutions and developments in the market to be able to promote the use of these throughout the Assurance business.
· Supporting reactive and proactive projects related to driving demand from the assurance business and improving service delivery from the Data Delivery Centre.
Your profile to succeed
· Preferred degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent.
· Minimum 2-3 years working experience.
· Strong understanding of IT environments, IT security, networking and server architecture.
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
· Strong working experience in one or more ERP’s e.g. SAP, Oracle, MS Navision, SAGE, etc. and associated ETL tools.
· Working experience in SpotFire, PowerBi, Python and Alteryx.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
· Best candidate will also have knowledge of auditing standards and experience as an auditor.
· Demonstrate strong project management and team management skills.
· Demonstrate good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Deadline oriented
· Customer centric solution mindset
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
· Ability to prioritise own work