This role fits within part of the UK FSO Innovation team (“Assurance”) that focuses on extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) large data sets for the aim of generating complex data insights and analysis through analytics. This work will involve understanding and processing of financial and customer data in order to inform and lead activities across a broad spectrum of projects in the financial services sector. This role requires technical (data) expertise, a business & consultancy mind-set and the ability to work within small and large project teams with minimal supervision.
· Build and support of reusable data analysis structures within a variety of technical environments; enabling self-service analytical capability for key technical stakeholders as well as producing stand-alone reports
· Gathering requirements from key stakeholders and preparing and presenting analysis results
· Working in close collaboration with technical and non-technical colleagues
· Production of project outputs (including analytical activities in Excel, SQL, Spotfire, Alteryx and SAS).
Skills and Experience
· Essential : Data management skills (SQL, SAS or something similar)
· Essential : Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
· Essential : Strong attention to details and accuracy when working with complex numerical data
· Essential : Determination, desire and motivation to learn and progress
· Beneficial : Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/VBA & Power Point
· Beneficial : Data preparation and integration tools (Alteryx, Pentaho, Talend or something similar)
· Beneficial : Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI
· Beneficial : Knowledge programming languages such as Iron Python, R, C# or Java
· University degree, preferably in computer science, data science, mathematics, statistics and business or similar
· Knowledge of financial services industry and accounting
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
· Ability to work under pressure according to strict deadliness;
· Pro-active, self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
· Ability and willingness and to learn new tools
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.