Cyber Defense Response Center (CDRC) - The Cyber Defense Response Center is responsible for monitoring and detecting information security events that could adversely impact EY information assets and resources. Its mission is aligned with the both the incident response and attack lifecycles
A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly talent Cyber security professional to learn and develop new skills. Candidate will be exposed to many technologies and security tools whilst working with EY as well as career growth opportunity. CDRC do provide training to analysts.
Your key responsibilities
Perform front line accurate and precise real-time monitoring and analysis correlation of logs/alerts from a multitude of security devices with a focus on the determination of what was said as events constitute security incidents.
He/she will work collaboratively to detect and respond to information security incidents, develop, maintain, and follow procedures for security event alerting, and participate in security investigations.
The CDRC Analyst I must be competent to work at a technical level, be capable of identifying threats and vectors that cause security events and be able to follow defined procedures for mitigating said threats.
Skills and attributes for success
· How to respond to network and host based security events
· Ability to participate in detecting, investigating, and resolving security events
· Capable of working independently
· Identify and propose areas for improvement within the Cyber Defense Response Center
· Good communication skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or 2 - 3 years of related work experience.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following:
· Working in a Security Monitoring/Security Operations Center environment (SOC)
· Experience investigating security events, threats and/or vulnerabilities
· Demonstrate incident handling ability
· Demonstrate ability to analysis log output from various devices
· Understanding of electronic investigation and log correlation
· Proficiency with the latest intrusion detection platforms; working knowledge of Windows systems administration (Including AD) and/or Linux.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Information Security Principles, Technologies, and Practices
· Proven experience with multiple security event detection platforms
· Thorough understanding of TCP/IP
· Demonstrated integrity in a professional environment
· Good social, communication and technical writing skills
· Comfortable navigating and troubleshooting Windows system issues
· Desired Certifications - SSCP,CEH, GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GSEC,GIAC, Security+
What we look for
Under limited supervision the CDRC (Cyber Defense Response Center) Analyst I will report to the US CDRC Manager. The CDRC Analyst I will perform tasks including monitoring, research, classification and analysis of security events that occur on the network or endpoint. The CDRC Analyst I should have familiarity with the principles of network and endpoint security, current threat and attack trends, a basic understanding of the OSI model, and have a working knowledge of defense in depth strategies.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.