Our business tax advisory professionals help clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. They work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities
· Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
· High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
· Overall responsibility of quality of client service
· Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
· Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
· Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
· Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
· Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
· Significant experience in Corporate Tax from a large accountancy or law firm
· Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
· Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
· Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
· Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
· Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
· Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
· Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
· Change orientated with flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in corporate tax
· Degree qualified
· ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.