We’re looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join our Technology Law team a developing practice who are due to experienced tremendous growth.
Tech Law will integrate Law technology fully within EY Law in the UK and use the existing growth platforms that EY already has, with their extensive list of clients, resources and global presence, to become a fully integrated, established, multidisciplinary practice.
Development in this context is broader than just the Law, as our aim is to build a fully integrated Law business into the wider EY TMT professional service offering. TMT is a multi-Billion dollar global business for EY.
Your Key Responsibilities
In your role as a Corporate Lawyer you will have responsibility for:
· Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work actively and contributing to winning new clients
· Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
· Overall responsibility of quality of client service
· Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
· Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to use from
· Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
· Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training law professionals
· Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
· Experienced UK-qualified solicitor with substantial PQE experience gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered)
· Strong level of technical knowledge and skills with regards to UK corporate law and practice within technology
· Comprehensive range of recent, practical experience, and playing a leading role in delivering advice, in areas of law including the following:
· mergers and acquisitions (including cross border mergers)
· venture capital
· growth capital
· private equity transactions
· Strategically and commercially aware and have ability to build strong client relationships with significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities
· Project management skills, planning and prioritising work, meeting deadlines and monitoring own budget and time
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experienced UK-qualified solicitor with substantial PQE experience gained in the UK at a reputable firm
· Strategically and commercially aware and have ability to build strong client relationships
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Corporate Law background
· Project management skills
· Technical knowledge
What we look for
· Technical knowledge and skills with regards to UK corporate law and practice within technology
· Build networks and relationships internally and externally
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.