The Law team at EY is a fast growing and dynamic subservice line. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow.
We are currently developing a Tech Law practice within the established EY Law team. EY Tech Law will be a 3 Partner practice with a team of between 25 – 30 Corporate & Commercial/IP lawyers within the next two years. The team currently has 18 team members and 3 trainee solicitors. There are around 100 lawyers in the UK EY Law practice (EY Law currently has 2,100 lawyers in 82 countries).
We integrate Law fully within EY globally to leverage the best of the firm with its extensive list of clients, resources and global presence. We are a fully integrated and multidisciplinary practice.
This role is for candidates who have worked in established law firms are looking to expand their career with this near-Greenfield opportunity by being part of and directing a growing team, helping to create a new and successful legal practice. We are looking for highly talented and motivational people, who want to continue to develop themselves and others when they join the firm. Development in this context is broader than just the Law, as our aim is to build a fully integrated Law business into the wider EY Technology, Media and Telecoms professional service offering. TMT is a multi-Billion dollar global business for EY.
Your key responsibilities:
· Responsible as part of the team for the quality of client service
· Engaged from an early stage in the management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
· Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
· Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
Skills and attributes for success:
· Ability to get up to speed quickly on esoteric areas and be keen to continue developing legal skills and engage in new areas of work
· Strategically and commercially aware and must have ability to build strong client relationships with significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities
· Demonstrable experience in delivering quality outputs to clients
· Experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several jurisdictions
· Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
· Ensure delivery of quality work
· Enthusiastic team player
· Promote the practise’s work through participating in team and firm events
· Project management skills, planning and prioritising work, meeting deadlines and monitoring own budget and time
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
To qualify for the role you must have
· ExperiencedUK-qualified solicitor with 0 to 4 years’ PQE experience, several years of which should have been gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered)
· Strong level of technical knowledge and skills with regards to UK corporate law and practice within technology
· Range of recent, practical experience in areas of law including the following:
· mergers and acquisitions (including cross border mergers)
· venture capital
· growth capital
· private equity transactions
You may also have experience in:
· corporate governance
· share investments and/or the implementation of employee incentive arrangements
· intra-group reorganisations
· intra-group financing arrangements
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.