The purpose of the Commercial Analyst role is to support client facing engagement and pursuit teams to improve client project profitability. The role entails working closely with one or more EY client engagement team on a day to day basis providing both commercial support and advice, contributing to commercial pricing of bids and performing project reviews on behalf of business leadership to identify margin improvement opportunities.
This role will be suited to highly flexible, robust and commercially minded individuals who can adapt well in challenging environments.
Core Role / Areas of Responsibility
A. Support and improve engagement margin and working capital performance
· Support one or more EY Client Engagement Teams on your client portfolio. Work with the Engagement’s Finance Champions, Engagement Managers and Engagement Partners in the financial/commercial management of the engagement to implement best practice financial and profit management procedures.
· Act as an independent financial advisor and custodian of EY policies (escalating issues where required to the Finance team), whilst also building a position as a trusted advisor to the engagement team.
· Liaise with the UK&I Advisory Finance team to ensure the engagements adhere to EY financial policy and are tracked on a regular basis.
· Manage the working capital processes for the engagements, acting as a point of contact for the UK&I Advisory Finance team; this includes managing billing and cash collection for the engagements, including reporting on time charged to both the engagement team and the client, ensuring targets are met each month.
· Ensure accurate revenue forecasts are maintained for all opportunities in the client portfolio, and contribute to the Advisory revenue forecasting reporting process. Assist in preparation of engagement budgets, monitor budgets to actuals and reconcile estimates to complete.
· Set up and maintain the financial models/engagement dashboards and provide ad-hoc finance reporting.
B. Bid Margin Improvement
· Provide support to major new bid teams during bid production assisting in the shaping of commercial propositions and assessing the profitability of the bids
· For supported engagements, work with the engagement team on sell ons to the existing engagements, specifically developing pricing of the commercial deal and assessing profitability (e.g. risk reward or contingent fee pricing).
C. Improve project performance
· Perform deep dive reviews and impact assessments on low margin projects at the request of business leadership to identify margin improvement opportunities
· Work with engagement teams to put in place actions plans to deliver the profitability improvements identified
Skills and Knowledge Required
· At least two years’ experience within a professional environment in a financial/commercial capacity (actively studying for financial qualifications)
· Ideally should be degree standard or qualified by experience
· Excellent and proven advanced Excel skills
· Strong computer skills including basic business software MS Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Office and Explorer
· Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Proven ability to build strong relationships at all levels and stakeholder management
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build good team relationships
· Able to demonstrate project management capabilities - balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance, level of urgency and other linkages.
· Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
· Ability to use initiative and problem solve
· Proactive, organised and able to prioritise and multitask
· Able to influence others and express opinions
· Professional, confident, credible team player
· Robust and resilient disposition
· An ability to be calm under pressure
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.