UK TAS, Capital Equipment (CE) Assistant Executive / Executive – Valuation Modelling & Economics (VME)
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Capital Equipment Assistant Executive/Executive you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, expanding team and work on high-profile engagements. Our team sits within the VME team, and works closely with other specialists to provide a range of services to clients in a range of industries, worldwide
The UK&I CE team is part of the wider EMEIA CE team with professionals located in GSA, FraMALux, CSE, CIS, India and MENA. We provide plant & equipment and inventory valuation, data assimilation and asset management services for a range of purposes including financial reporting, mergers & acquisition, disposal, tax, insurance and lending. This is a growing team that works across Sub-Areas to provide market leading advice. The group draws on the wide range of experience within the team with backgrounds in financial reporting, engineering, transactions, investment banking, business modelling and business analysis.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through experience on a broad scope of engagements, from office-based to national and international travel, small to large clients, from an assignment that lasts a couple of days to very large assignments working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Your key responsibilities
· Analyse assets subject to valuation
· Assimilate relevant asset information from available data & own research
· Attend inspections of assets in UK & overseas for short or extended periods
· Prepare and create valuation models
· Use technology & tools to enhance effectiveness of valuation process
· Prepare narrative reports detailing valuation procedures & results
· Review third party valuation reports
· Manage your time to budgets & communicate progress to project manager
· Work effectively as a team member, share knowledge, maintain regular communication with project manager
Skills and attributes for success
· Highly motivated; attention to detail, strong organisational & communication skills, commerciality, flexibility, diplomacy & communication skills
· Team player with the ability to manage assignments and make sound judgements based on clear supporting data
· Willing to travel internationally, often at short notice and occasionally for extended periods, particularly in Middle East & Africa
To qualify for the role you must have
· A University degree in a finance or technical field (engineering/science/finance) and a sound knowledge of corporate finance
· Strong MS Excel and Access skills. Experience with data visualisation (tableau, spotfire, power BI), python and SQL, SAP and Oracle would be useful
· Good report writing skills and fluency in English
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A financial and/or engineering/technical background
· Willingness to progress toward RICS or other
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are pro-active problem solvers who can analyse and interpret information, form their own views, present findings and argue their case in a clear, logical manner in person and in writing. The work can be complex and time pressured, so a logical approach is essential.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension, vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognised and engaging leaders in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.