Business Development Associate
We have an exciting role in the business development team of a growing professional services firm. This is a great opportunity for a highly organised, team player to join a fast-paced environment and be part of a team that plays a key strategic role in supporting an organisation that has experienced double-digit growth for the last number of years. This role will support the Business Development team with their pursuits and tenders, account management and events
EY’s business development team is responsible for driving the firm’s growth by managing client relationships to drive business‐winning opportunities. Driving innovation to ensure provision of market leading, relevant and highly-targeted solutions to clients. Devising and executing relevant account strategies. Engaging with teams to support them on their most important strategic pursuits and making a sustained contribution to the continued enhancement of the EY Business Development function.
As the Business Development Associate, you’ll be working closely with the Business Development team to support them with their account management, bids and tender activities. This person will act as a key point of contact between the business and our clients around tenders to ensure timelines are being met, and that documentation included in tenders and bids are meeting the client’s requirements. You will also be responsible for coordinating a key initiative for EY Ireland, our client feedback program.
Your key responsibilities:
General Team Support Activities
· Support the Business Development management team in internal reporting and communications
· Assist in the delivery of client/target proposals, tenders and presentations
· Work with the in-house design team in the delivery of business development materials
· Liaise with the marketing team with event target lists and follow-ups
Delivery and coordination of the Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) programme (client feedback programme).
· Co-ordinate our ASQ programme. Linking in with the teams in Ireland enacting client care interviews.
· Recording and reporting on progress against numerical targets.
· Acting as the repository for all interview notes and reporting on trends and issues coming from them.
· Act as note taker for some interviews.
Manage the tender portal and mailbox
· Being the lead contact for framework and portals
· Circulate received tenders
· Aid in communication about tenders to the frameworks and portals
· Submit completed tenders to these frameworks and portals
· Actively manage an internal Mailbox that acts as the communication route to the business about tenders.
Skills and attributes for success
· You have at least 2 years of relevant work experience
· You have confident stakeholder management skills
· You demonstrate excellent writing, communication and active listening skills
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organisation, flexibility and self-discipline.
· Can work with minimal supervision, to make decisions and progress activities
· Proactive committed team player
· You must be proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
What we look for
We are looking for a proactive team player, with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn quickly. Someone who can work under minimal supervision and can take on responsibility of business critical activities.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.