Description de l'offre
Reporting to the Global Blockchain Leader, the responsibility of this position is to work closely with a paired Blockchain Product Manager to turn requirements for Blockchain-based products into architected solutions to enable high-value offerings in our Tax Service Line. This will also require leading an offshore development team in execution of the Blockchain-based products.
You are expected to ensure that the feature team(s) you are responsible for adheres to the agile methodologies and continuously improve the associated best practices. You’ll be responsible for identifying and removing the impediments on the way for the feature teams thus creating a self-organizing and sustainable development environment. You’ll be producing management reports that aid in release forecasting, addressing skill-set gaps, improving the engineering practices thus ensuring complete transparency in the feature team operations.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Collaborate with a paired Product Manager to execute the development of Blockchain-powered applications by taking requirements and turning them into architected solutions. This includes selecting the right development platform, determining which functionality to include in each development sprint, and organizing offshore development teams.
· Drive the process to mature promising concepts into prototypes which can be exploited in the marketplace.
· In collaboration with service line practice and account teams, develop collateral materials and other sale assets, meet with account teams and clients, align technical support with account and engagement teams, generally support and enable sales to ‘charter’ accounts.
· For successful prototypes, develop MVP requirements with domain experts; collaborate with Blockchain specialists, engineers and solution development leadership and shepherd the development.
· Many offerings, solutions or enablement tools based on Blockchain technologies and paradigms will require modifications to existing or net new, business models to monetize the value provided. The incumbent in this position will support the design and implementation of appropriate new models.
· Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and lead by example
· Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems
· This position must be able to provide meaningful analysis, draw conclusions from the results and make the appropriate recommendations
· Assess and recommend changes to meet the business needs, based on clients’ needs.
Works well both independently and in small teams with limited supervision.
Mentoring and supervision of other Blockchain engineers and developers.
Periodic global travel expected along with regular client interaction.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or a demonstrated track record in software development
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Experience in multiple different programming languages and technology architectures.
· Basic understanding of the fundamentals of encryption.
· Experience with software architecture design and development
· Proven track record of excellent software development skills demonstrated through challenging, technically complex client projects
· Demonstrated experience in maintaining currency with technology that is rapidly evolving.
· Understanding of Tax service line offerings.- particularly cross-border trade and value added tax (VAT)
· Ability to lead technical teams comprising scientists, developers and business analysts.
· Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, win supporters and spur people to action.
· Excellent consultative, listening, communications and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
· Critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative
Nice to haves:
· Excitement for and passion around disruption, technological change, and, ideally, Blockchain technology.
· Recognized expertise in Blockchain applications as evidenced by publications or awards.
Multiple roles available
Location: United Kingdom - the successful candidate will be based in one of EY UK offices
(Birmingham, Belfast, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne,
Reading, Guernsey, Jersey, Southampton, Cambridge, Aberdeen, Exeter, Hull, Liverpool or London)
Opening date: January 11th 2019
Closing date: February 11th 2019