As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
The FSO is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm — and the Wealth and Asset Management is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Experienced Staff, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between engaging with a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
· Performing audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
· Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
· Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
· Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, supported by a minimum of nine (9) months’ work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
· An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification or actively pursuing a professional accounting qualification, such as the US CPA; those with a minimum of 2 out of 4 US CPA exam sections completed will be considered
· Although not required, ideally candidates would have experience serving clients in the wealth & asset management industry, which may include mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles
· Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
· Confidence in your ability to prioritize when managing multiple projects simultaneously
· The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A firm understanding of engagement economics
· A proven ability to build a network of contacts and mutual business relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in individuals who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.