Career Framework Role Description
· Evaluates business models, processes and operations to develop a good understanding of business needs and requirements
· Analyzes and evaluates business requirements and translates these into technical requirements and specifications, providing insights on system and technical components to incorporate into the technical design
· Interacts with business stakeholders to gather, understand, document and analyze business requirements
· Analyzes reports and assessments to provide insights on whether a solution/technology being implemented is meeting business requirements
· Reviews materials and supports in meetings and workshops with business stakeholders to understand and gather business / functional requirements, undertaking client assessments and building relationships with business stakeholder
· Builds relationships and collaborates with the wider team to understand business requirements and translates these into complex technical requirements
Produces technical specifications to guide system architectural design and development and conducts quality assurance tasks to ensure completeness of requirements, peer reviewing the work of more junior members of the team
Monitors and reports on potential risks/opportunities of emerging technologies, and forms recommendations for system and technical components based on understanding of business requirements, reviewing and supporting with process modelling and improvement.
· Contributes to the design and review of test cases to ensure tests adequately meet the requirements and coordinates with infrastructure and operations teams to resolve system issues, contributing to moderately complex aspects of a project
· Provides insights on whether solutions and technologies being implemented are meeting business requirements
· Contributes to business case development and completes RFP responses, exploring and experimenting with new and existing data to tackle defined business problems
· Embrace and work with Agile mindset backed with good understanding of agile methodology and framework. Have a product mindset to develop and prioritize backlog of features, create and groom user stories and produce other relevant work products while engaging with business stakeholders to explore and define business value
Leads the production of product backlog to guide system user experience, architectural design, development and leads delivery of quality assurance tasks to support product concept definition and development
Collaborates with internal cross functional teams of product management, business owners, UX/UI, technology architects and development teams at all levels to conduct investigations for strategy studies, managing product backlog and other feasibility studies
Technical Skills & Knowledge
· Proven experience gathering and interpreting business requirements
· Proven experience developing technical requirements and specifications, including knowledge of software engineering methodologies, reporting tools, modelling and testing.
· Proven understanding of Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Modelling and Notation
· Sound relevant experience in either an internal or external business analysis role and/or software / technical analysis role or similar, evidenced by adding business value through identifying, analyzing and articulating problems and solutions.
· Developed technical knowledge and experience in delivering IT solutions, providing technical advice and understanding user requirements.
· Some stakeholder management experience.
Business Administration; Business Management; Computer Science; Data Science; Engineering; IT; Statistics; Mathematics
Similar Titles in the Market
Business Analyst; Senior Business Analyst; Technical Analyst; Senior Technical Analyst
Technologies and Tools
Good to have (non-mandatory) knowledge on emerging technologies:
· Azure DevOps requirements module (VSTS) or Rally or Jira
· Power BI /Spotify etc.
· Cloud technology (Azure)
· Mobile app development
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.