EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management , banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
We are seeking a driven and ambitious Experienced Associate to join this exciting and fast growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and enhancing existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first class customer experience through high profile engagements. In return for helping us to build a better working world, you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
· Manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner, and execute it in compliance with EY's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
· Understand the audit client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the audit client.
· Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks.
· Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Generate new audit business opportunities by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
· Maintain cooperative relationships with other assurance teams
Skills and attributes for success
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to lead a team and develop business opportunities
· Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
· Excellent leadership and project management skills
· Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven
To qualify for the role you must have
· A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
· Obtained CPA license
· At least 1 years of related work experience in audit field for insurance, banking or asset management industries.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Knowledge of current market issues in financial services in the US.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.