Infrastructure is a core sector for EY, housed within our Government & Infrastructure market. Our Infrastructure Team are focused on 2 core areas across:
· The initiation and successful delivery of transformation programmes, tackling our clients’ most pressing and complex initatives
· The involvement in early stage, large scale infrastructure project development activities, as well as ongoing support, to drive more successful infrastructure project delivery
We are focused on growing our infrastructure programme focus and large scale transformation delivery across our wide range of clients within a variety of sectors, including Government, Transport, Oil and Gas, Telecommunications and Utilities.
We are investing in Infrastructure in order to drive the right engagement across our core accounts, as well as looking to grow our overall presence across this sector and be involved in the design, development and delivery of significant programmes under the recently published National Infrastructure Strategy.
Joining Infrastructure in early 2021 as a Associate Partner gives the right candidate the opportunity to be involved in our exciting growth journey, allowing them to have a say in the future shape of our involvement in this critical sector and delivering work that is absolutely delivering on our social value and building a better working world commitments.
Your key responsibilities
· Own specific client relationships, extending to own broader account management activities for one (or more) of our Infrastructure clients
· Be involved and take ownership of the sales cycle, to identify, develop and land core opportunities within Infrastructure, focused around large scale transformation programmes and large scale, infrastructure programmes
· Take the lead (Engagement Partner) role on delivery projects with our Infrastructure clients with accountability for delivery and full management of EY’s team and delivery scope Typical engagements may involve:
· Target Operating Model definition / delivery
· Transformation Programme initiation and ongoing delivery
· Delivery of certain technology related iniativies, including those associated with Data & Analytics, specific systems integration activities, etc.
· Market Analysis activities, both within specific clients and across the Infrastructure market
· Early stage Infrastruture Programme design and development, following by ongoing support (e.g. programme & portfolio management, assurance activities, business integrator, etc.)
· Contribute to continued growth and profitability for EY, by identifying and capitalising on business development opportunities in existing and potential clients for own and other areas of the firm
· Engage new and existing clients to build and foster trusted long-term relationships, gaining trusted-advisor status, with particular focus on key decision-makers from large companies in the UK focused on Infrastructure related activities
· Contribute to people development and internal practice development, around the Infrastructure market in general but also within specific competency / capability focus area (e.g. Transformation, Finance, Supply Chain, Technology)
· Involvement in recruitment / retention activities, and the allocation of resource to each project
· Contribute to EY’s positioning across the UK (and global) infrastructure market, through an active social media presence, thought leadership development, involvement in speaking engagements (conferences, round tables, etc.)
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A senior position within the UK and / or global Infrastructure Industry, or within a Consultancy (with a specific focus on project / programme delivery in the Infrastructure market, again UK and / or global)
· Relevant Infrastructure market experience, with the ability to work confidently in a consulting (people, business and / or technology) environement
· A network of client relationships across the UK Infrastructure market, and potentially beyond the UK
· Extensive experience of being fully accountable for project / programme delivery across a range of Infrastructure projects, with the ability to align traditional management techniques with agile ways of working
· Detailed knowledge of account management, business development and the consulting sales cycle, with demonstrable experience of having large scale, complex accounts / sectors
· Extensive experience and relevant skills / capabilities across one or more of business, technology or people consulting, with specific experience in one or more sub capabilities (e.g. supply chain, target operating model / transformation definition & delivery, finance, technical / business / enterprise / solution architecture, data & analytics, etc.)
· The confidence to build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients in leading roles
· A flair for identifying and capitalising on new revenue streams
· Experience as a recognised thought leader, and have demonstrated this through writing (blog, white paper, etc.) and/or speaking engagements
· The ability to write to a high standard, whlst being fluent/native in English with additional major languages desired
· A willingness to travel and work across the UK and / or overseas
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.