EY has an exciting opportunity for a talented quantity surveyor to join our award-winning capital allowances team as a tax consultant.
We have a large and varied client base covering various sectors including Real Estate, Energy and Infrastructure, Commercial, Retail and Manufacturing.
We are looking for a quantity surveyor (MRICS or working towards) with 2/3 years QS experience. Capital allowances experience is not necessary as full training and the opportunity to obtain tax qualifications will be provided.
The EY capital allowances team has exciting plans and we want the right people on board to help achieve our growth plans.
Your key responsibilities
· Reviewing relevant cost documentation and supplementing any deficiencies in details utilising your quantity surveying skills
· Being actively involved in a wide range of fixed asset tax projects, and using your project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet all deadlines
· Direct contact with clients to build relationships and provide exceptional client service
· Support senior team members in the market, identifying and selling new services
· Utilise and help develop new technology to assist with capital allowances analyses
· Prepare technical updates to clients and the wider tax practice following changes to the capital allowances legislation
Skills and attributes for success
· Pro-active, team player, use initiative, keen attention to detail
· Enthusiastic for opportunity to build and develop existing skillset
· Client focused and commercially aware with the ability to build strong client relationships
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically and willing to proactively suggest ideas
To qualify for the role, you must have
· 2-3 years quantity surveying work experience
· 2.1 degree
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.