HR Services provides the most effective and efficient solution for Talent’s strategic and operational needs. We leverage our global strength and scalability to drive the HR-related technology, projects and processes that allow EY to deliver against the changing requirements within our Talent organization to enable success. HR Services offers key services to EY’s Talent teams (global, area, region and country) within the businesses.
Talent Shared Services Delivers seamless and consistent HR operational services to the organization through a globally efficient network of Regional and Global Delivery Services centers.
Reporting to : Apprenticeship Compliance Consultant
Location: Birmingham, some travel required
Position: 12 month FTC until end of August 2020 , Full Time
In this critical role you will be part of a newly formed department, the Apprenticeship Compliance Team, within our Talent Shared Services function, which has been set up to specifically support the quality administration of our EY Apprenticeship programmes.
In 2017 EY became an accredited Employer Provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of EY’s UK Talent Shared Services (TSS), providing administration to support EY’s Apprentices and to perform compliance activities required by government bodies such as the Education Skills Funding Agency and QAA.
You will work closely with various EY teams including our HR Services team and ourbroader Apprenticeship team to support the end to end Apprenticeship delivery.
This role will suit someone with a further education background, or someone who has worked within an ESFA funded training provider, and is looking to increase their experience within the private sector.
Your key responsibilities
· Obtain and validate apprenticeship data to ensure eligibility, completeness and quality of information
· Obtain and validate apprentices prior learning to determine any exemptions that apply to the apprenticeship service delivery model
· Use Maytas, FIS, Digital apprenticeship service and other government systems to manage data entry, assess eligibility, initiating apprentice starters and managing ongoing learning
· Maintenance of the Apprenticeship evidence pack – identify and communicate issues with learner evidence as required
· Support the Apprenticeship Compliance Consultant and Coordinators with the production of compliant ILRs on a monthly basis to evidence funding claims
· Proactively manage risk through regular data and system audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy, including identifying and managing changes in learning which may impact the ILR
· Maintain necessary documentation and procedures for external audit readiness, such as ESFA and QAA visits
· Produce reports and analyse data to help inform business decisions
· Produce apprenticeship agreement and commitment statements and ensure a signed copy of these documents are available in the learner evidence pack
· Work to key operational deadlines, KPIs and SLAs
· Respond to enquiries/problems on a timely basis and to satisfactory resolution
· Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with EY's existing and developing quality assurance systems.
· Commit to own personal development and completion of appropriate learning and development activities to ensure knowledge, capability and skills are current
· Contribution to the development of EY’s Apprenticeship delivery by encouraging change and identifying areas for efficiencies and improvement
· Build and maintain effective operational relationships with TSS teams, EY Apprenticeship Team and others as required by the role
Skills and attributes for success
· Can accurately input data and analyse complex data sets, identifying and remediating errors as required
· Excellent attention to detail with a focus upon accuracy and quality with even the most routine of tasks
· Ability to adapt to change and adopt a flexible style and approach
· Capable of working under pressure, to prioritise workload and project requirements and manage own time effectively
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Initiative when problem solving, being self-sufficient and proactive
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience of high volume data management within a management information team and of using ILR/MIS, such Cognisoft Yeti, MAYTAS or PICS.
· Knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship programmes and insight into the Skills Funding Agency and Ofsted audit requirements
· Strong IT literacy with Microsoft packages
· An ability to learn new processes and skills quickly
· Qualified in Maths and English GCSE A-C or equivalent, IT qualifications would be an advantage.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm (from Partner down)
· Strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach
· A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying process improvements and demonstrating best practice
What we look for
We are looking for you to have strong data management experience in the context of apprenticeship delivery whilst being able to demonstrate a significant attention to detail and accuracy and a desire to be part of a newly formed team striving for high quality delivery.