Digital disruption is having a massive impact on the finance function of our clients, leading to a sharp growth in the number of data and analytics projects being delivered through FAAS (Financial Accounting and Advisory Services). We have demand for analytics, dashboarding, financial modelling, and robotic process automation projects.
To fulfil this client demand we are continuing to grow our UK&I Delivery Centre in Belfast, which is the engine of our analytics capability. The scope of the roles we have available is broad, and so you will need to have a good understanding of data, tell a compelling story, and quickly pick up new skills.
Your key responsibilities
As an assistant manager in the FAAS team you will:
· Work as part of a team (physical and virtual) to deliver analytics-led projects. The focus will be on delivering as part of the Delivery Centre team in Belfast, but there is likely to be times when you will be asked to travel to client sites across the UK and potentially Europe
· Take ownership of deliverables, delegating to junior team members when possible and appropriate
· Help develop proposals and propositions to take to the market
· Proactively contribute toward the development of the analytics community within FAAS; developing a personal network throughout the Assurance service line and the Belfast Delivery Centre along the way
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong independent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical persons
· Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
· Experience with business finance function concepts
To qualify for the role you must have
· At least a 2:1 degree in a STEM or finance-related subject
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in data and analytics
· Experience with industry-standard data and analytics applications and tools such as Tableau (highly desirable), Alteryx (highly desirable), Spotfire, Power BI, SQL, and Excel
· Experience of data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills
· An understanding of the major finance processes (e.g. procure to pay)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience of developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations
· The ability to tell a story through analytics
· An interest in emerging technologies, such as blockchain and AI
What we look for
We’re looking for ambitious, driven individuals who want a challenging and stimulating career working on a broad spectrum of analytics projects.
The individual will be able to turn unfamiliar datasets into valuable insights for our clients using market-leading tools and techniques.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.