As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Consultant, Consultant - Risk Advisory Services
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract. You will be responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of internal audits, risk assurance, risk transformation and financial services risk management.
Your key responsibilities
• Responsible for effectively engaging with clients and executing engagements (as detailed out below) under the supervision of Seniors and Managers
• Client Engagements primarily in the areas of Business Risk services like Internal audit, Enterprise Risk management, Compliance risk and regulatory services, Internal controls , Contract Risk Services, Business Process Management and other related solutions
• Drive innovation in service delivery; ensure delivery is in line with firm’s Quality and Risk management requirements/expectations
• Assist Seniors and Managers with business development proposals on existing / new clients
• Assist Seniors and Managers in developing/refreshing methodologies related to our existing/new solutions
• Contribute to various firm wide initiatives like learning and development (L&D) programmes, campus recruitment, knowledge sharing, practice development and growth under guidance of Managers
• Take up project execution responsibility in a team or individually as per requirements and work plan
• Review work done by sub-ordinates (if any) and provide qualitative inputs before submission of deliverables to seniors/client (as the case may be)
• Sensitive towards EY code of conduct, values and quality standards
Skills and attributes for success
• Continuously strive towards achieving goals agreed upon with Manager
• Continuously strive towards exceeding client & team expectations and work on increasingly complex assignments
• Conduct research and prepare client presentations, information memorandums and contribute to thought leadership documents
• Contribute to advisory engagements in the capacity of a team member - deliver quality output within assigned timelines
• Ensure discipline to work and productivity of self and reporting subordinates ; promotes positive working environment within a team
• Attend L&D programs and exhibit knowledge of advisory methodology and consulting attributes.
• Keep abreast with developments in business related areas and assist team leaders/managers in preparing client decks/documents.
• Sector focus (basic understanding of the industry, trends, issues/challenges & key players) based on the industry group alignment
To qualify for the role you must have
• Chartered Accountant - Nov’18 (qualified) & May’18 (awaiting results)
• Exhibit initiative and participate in corporate social and team events
• Exhibit flexibility to adapt to multiple cultures / sectors and display agility and diversity
• Demonstrate capability of being a ‘quick learner’ of business processes, models, EY methodologies with an analytical bend of mind
• Display a structured thought process and problem solving skills. Ability to do problem break down and analysis
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Candidates should be willing to travel
• Flexibility to work back in teams with diverse background
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills
• IT Savvy
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.