In the digital economy, it takes more than good ideas and strong leadership to thrive. Upgrading outdated processes, systems and information is vital – but can be a risky investment in such a rapidly changing environment. Legacy business information systems are quickly being replaced by cloud-based enterprise platforms. That is why some of the most prestigious businesses worldwide look to us for authoritative, agile and efficient solutions for business decision-making such as the ServiceNow enterprise cloud platform. As a ServiceNow Consultant at EY, you will play a key role in that mission – providing the competitive edge our customers need to overcome some of the biggest creative and the most technical challenges around.
ServiceNow is a cloud-based enterprise service management platform. It enables digital workflows leveraging leading edge technologies such as intelligent automation, AI/Machine Learning, and Mobile that create great experiences and unlock productivity for customers, employees and the enterprise across multiple areas such as IT, HR, Customer Service, Security Operations, Risk & Compliance, IT Business Management and many other areas.
Here at EY, you will be a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing team develops and delivers innovative solutions to deliver impactful business outcomes for our clients. EY is a strategic alliance partner with ServiceNow and was recently recognized as the 2019 Americas Transformation Partner of the Year and Customer Workflow Partner of the year award. You will have the opportunity to get trained on the platform and learn highly sought-after technical skills, all while developing process design, business analysis, client management and overall consulting skills.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will be working across a wide portfolio of clients, some of the world’s biggest brand names and leaders in their respective industries. That includes collaborating across a multi-disciplinary EY team to digitize manual processes, improve and streamline operations, and configure agile and scalable technology solutions needed to help drive digital transformation for our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
- Collaborating with developers to transition the requirements and oversee that the development aligns to client requirements
- Assist in facilitating client workshops for understanding current state and gathering requirements
- Socialize and evangelize the full capabilities of the ServiceNow platform for our clients
Skills and attributes for success
• Eagerness and openness to learn about ServiceNow platform
• Understanding of system development lifecycle, major development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Iterative and Agile development)
• Ability to articulate business requirements to developers and explaining technical configurations to business stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills, especially in applying technology solutions to core business operational problems
• Desire to build technical skills in developing and deploying one or more platform technologies
• Familiarity with core business operations at services-based businesses. Knowledge and experience in leading process frameworks and standards such as ITIL, VeriSM, APQC, CoBIT etc. a plus
• Willingness to work on cross borders opportunities and travel internationally
• A customer-focused approach to work, and the ability support in the development of digital platform strategies
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or similar discipline; supported by experience in a similar technical environment
• Familiarity with scripting, reporting and ITSM
• The ability to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for developing client deliverables and presentations
• The confidence to build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds
• The ability and willingness to travel 80% of the time
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
• 2 years of relevant work experience
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with a genuine passion for finding and implementing innovative ways to nurture growth. You’ll also need excellent communication and presentation skills. We’ll look to you to have the ability to express big ideas to senior leaders while also having the drive to build your technical skills. If you’re ready to make your mark in a team that’s poised to take the industry by storm, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
• A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.