The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend most of your time teaming with Risk Assurance professionals and industry professionals throughout our regional practice to strengthening client internal controls. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements, you will also focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of ERP implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis
Skills and attributes for success
· Demonstrate an understanding of the client's platform structure, security software used, and how information systems are used at the client and within the client's industry. Execute procedures, perform detailed analysis, reach conclusions, document results, and suggest ideas for efficiencies.
· Recognize relevant financial statement issues from basic analysis and identify potential non-compliance standards. Maintain relationships with the client at the appropriate levels. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, stay abreast of the current IT environment and industry IT trends relevant to client's business, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's or master's degree
· A minimum of 1 year of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
· Experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
· Successful candidates must be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
· CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· The autonomy to use a variety of skills to accomplish goals within a designated service line
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth
· An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.