Our clients are faced with external pressures on an unprecedented scale. The ability to translate strategy into reality is key to their enhanced business performance. As an advisory professional, you will be focused on helping them achieve this goal.
You’ll work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organisations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
We believe that you should own and shape your career. But we’ll provide the support and opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed. The strength of our global network, combined with local empowerment and a relentless focus on winning in specific markets, means you’ll interact and team with individuals from various geographies and sectors. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
About the opportunity
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
As part of our internal controls team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you’ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Skills and attributes for success
· Executing Job planning: Conducting research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities.
· Performing testing of complex / non-routine audit areas and schedule closing meeting with client and prepare closing meeting slides.
· Reporting: Prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and workfiles, and assist in any other wrap up activities.
· Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
· Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
To qualify for the role you must have the following
· Pursuing a degree in Accountancy is preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
· Full detailed resume
· Latest university transcript
· NRIC or student pass (for foreign students)
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/EYCareersSingapore
Connect with us on LinkedIn:http://bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal