This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing managed service team within EY. This is a new team which is formed to lead the delivery of a key growth area within our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) service. The role will be based in Belfast and focused on on-boarding new clients ahead of delivering client finance function services. However given the nature of the role travel to client premises will be occasionally required.
The post holder will be focusing on the transition of processes from a client’s in-house finance function to the EY Absolute portfolio of managed service. This will involve working with clients to gain a deep understanding of their business both strategically and functionally in order to develop an operating model for EY to manage service delivery.
The post holder will work with the EY Absolute service delivery team to implement the operating model from initial on boarding through to business as usual ensuring a high quality client experience at all stages of the process. This is an exciting role for someone with good technical accounting skills and who has user experience with accounting and ERP packages.
Client scoping and analysis
· Working with the client to gain an understanding of their business
· Documenting all finance and related processes that would be relevant to service delivery
· Identifying any potential issues
· Recommending resolutions to issues
· Analysing the clients financial data to identify the applicable accounting standards and treatments
Initial client setup
· Where appropriate, working with the client to obtain the opening data required to configure the finance system for first time use
· Working alongside the technical IT developers to ensure systems are set up correctly and on a timely basis
· Managing any client customisation and integration requirements
· Clean up of client data to remove any errors or irregularities
· Setting up the client service delivery portal
· Requesting the relevant tax authority authorisations
Ensuring client and service delivery team are briefed and trained
· Ensuring process training & documentation is provided to both client and service delivery team to ensure high performance service delivery.
· Providing regular updates to the service delivery team on the status of each client
· Taking ownership of on-boarding projects, as contracts are initiated
· Analysing processes and suggesting improvements/changes to drive efficiencies and ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied
· Regular communication with internal/external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clearly identified
· Assist in the configuration and build of accounting systems using standard templates.
· Transition of clients’ in-house finance functions (or part thereof) to the EY Absolute delivery team in the agreed time frame
· Provide support to the Go to Market Process, giving insight and input to pursuit and pricing decisions as required
Skills and attributes for success
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) (or part qualified with relevant experience may be considered)
· A positive can do attitude
· Accounting system/ERP experience (MSNAV, Oracle, SAP, Xero, Netsuite etc.)
· Strong technical accounting skills
· Finance process experience (Purchase to pay, Order to cash etc)
· Experience and knowledge (Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, VAT, Corporate Tax and Payroll)
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Problem solving, questioning mind-set with the view to continuous improvement in all areas, client and delivery centre
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.