EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. We’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. We are proud of our people culture, and we are committed to doing even more. Our people tell us that our culture of global teaming and our focus on building a better working world make EY a great place to build their careers.
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Tax Staff professional in our People Advisory Services - Mobility practice. Our People Advisory Services practice provides high-quality compliance and advisory solutions to help our clients drive organization success through human capital. People Advisory Services encompasses Mobility, Global Employment Tax Services, Total Rewards, HR Performance Improvement and Immigration services. Mobility services include Canadian and US personal income and social security tax compliance and advisory services; mobility policy design; executive compensation advice; employer tax advice; and global coordination. Using cutting-edge technology and working with team-oriented colleagues, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting internationally mobile employees of our clients with their Canadian and US personal tax compliance. Our practice is one of the world’s largest and has talented and innovative professionals dedicated to teamwork and exceptional client service. You’ll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment.
During your work term, your potential responsibilities may include:
• Interface with clients and team members to secure tax data
• Analyze data and prepare work papers based on professional standards
• Determine the accuracy/completeness of the compliance product, perform quality assurance procedures, and prepare the product for delivery
• Prepare Canadian and US personal/corporate income tax returns
• Respond to Canadian and US tax authority notices through various means of correspondence
• Leverage technology and artificial intelligence methods available to maximize productivity
• Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and positive attitude
• Be in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting
• Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong dedication to teamwork
• Be committed to Integrity within a professional environment
We're currently accepting Co-op applications for Tax Staff for January 2020 in our PAS Mobility group. To apply, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
2. Choose the appropriate job posting (2019-2020 Tax Staff – PAS Mobility Tax CO-OP (Waterloo)
3. Log In or Register as a New User
4. Complete the required fields on each page
5. Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one pdf file
Our high-performing tax teams are based out of the Evolv1 building near the University of Waterloo, which was awarded the first ever zero carbon certification by the Canada Green Building Council. Our office features state of the art technology including dual adjustable monitors, sit to stand desks, dozens of 90 inch projection monitors and lots of open concept space to team with your colleagues in an interactive, cutting-edge space! If you are looking to build a career with industry experts in a state-of-the-art environment, apply today.
To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/ca/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.