EY is a global professional services organization providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
Diversified Staff Group (DSG) offers its people the opportunity to combine tax engagements with structured learning. You'll get experience in tax compliance, tax accrual review, calculating income tax provision and tax planning. Our people focus on the main issues affecting our clients, paying particular attention to the implementation of tax strategies aligned with their business objectives.
The vision of DSG is to grow today’s tax professionals to be tomorrow’s leaders. It is designed to provide broad tax technical learning as well as leadership and management skills. We provide these through a combination of
work experience and structured learning. The DSG curriculum is designed to give you experience in the following categories: (1) Business Tax Compliance (2) Tax Accounting, Risk Advisory and Attest and (3) Planning. This model generally takes 3 years to complete and during the final stage and/or upon graduation, there may be opportunities to specialize in other sub-service lines. These opportunities will be based on the individual’s desire, aptitude as well as the business needs.
- Preparing corporate tax returns
- Assisting with tax accrual reviews
- Analyzing corporate tax structures for efficiencies and compliance
- Interacting with tax authorities regarding tax discrepancies and client statements of account
- Arranging and presenting data on schedules, spreadsheets, returns or other work reports
- Applying knowledge of tax forms, basic tax concepts, computer applications and other source material to prepare tax returns, projections and other data
- Developing working relationships with clients and contributing to client satisfaction by providing timely and high quality work products
To qualify, candidates must:
- Be pursuing a Master of Taxation degree
- Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong dedication to teamwork
- Be committed to Integrity within a professional environment
We're currently accepting MTax co-op applications for January 2020 . To apply, submit your most recent cover letter specifying your desired work location ( Toronto or Vancouver ), resume and unofficial transcripts as one pdf file by October 11, 2019 .
1. Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
2. Choose the appropriate job posting (2019-2020 MTax Posting_CO-OP_DSG)
3. Log In or Register as a New User
4. Complete the required fields on each page
5. Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one pdf file
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/ca/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.