Co-op - Systems Analyst
This is a great opportunity to join CGI in Edmonton to provide leading IT services to our public sector clients. Starting September 2019, 8-month co-op positions are available for Junior Systems Analysts with entry-level experience in .NET technologies gained via a Computer Science / Information Technology Co-op Program.
Your future duties and responsibilities
We are looking for Junior Systems Analysts (Co-op) to work alongside our .NET development teams. The successful candidates will contribute to one of our core businesses of Application Maintenance Services (AMS) and will provide support on a variety of applications using technologies such as C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, WCF, MVC 5 and JSON.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• The ability to work in a team environment;
• The ability to perform successfully under limited supervision;
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Key Technical Skills:
• C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET
• WCF, IIS, MVC 5, JSON, API
• Microsoft Enterprise Library
• Enterprise Relational Databases
• SQL (MSSQL & Transact SQL) 2005/2008R2, 2012R2,
• MS Office 2003/2007/2010
• Crystal report
• Version controlling tool like Team Foundation Server,
• Visual Studio
• Web Service
• Entity Framework
• Good understanding of .NET framework and corresponding implementations using common software design patterns
• Unit Testing (Nunit, MoQ)
• Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration techniques
• TFS Build, MS Build, or equivalent
• NSubstitute (Mocking framework)
• Meaningful work and real client and team experiences
• Mentorship with experienced IT professionals
• Access to senior leadership
• Regularly scheduled social events to interact with other co-ops
• Opportunities to attend campus events and become a brand ambassador
• Opportunities to apply for full-time positions upon graduation
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Analytical Thinking