Business Developer - Geospatial Data and Earth Observation
Business Developer – Geospatial Data and Earth Observation
CGI is a leading provider of ground segment software supporting customers in the space industry or using data provided from space. We work on a variety of projects delivering both infrastructure and services to a range of end users. We are looking for a talented business developer who would be keen to get involved in this new wave of cutting edge innovation.
Key business areas we are looking to develop include:
• Services for geospatial users (as opposed to traditional Earth Observation) using non-EO and fused data-sets
• Earth Observation projects with the European Space Agency and specifically ESRIN, based in Frascati
• Future UK national EO projects
The successful candidate will be a highly driven and creative individual able to identify and work with a range of customers, understand their needs, and develop a technical solution with them. They will be part of the bid team to develop and deliver successful proposals. Initiative and communications skills are essential components of this role, as well as a flexible approach.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• identify and qualify sales prospects
• build clients relationships and interest, and then develop a solution encompassing CGI services
• actively participate in the sales campaign that results in CGI signing a contract with the client
• assist the client to gain maximum benefit from CGI services
• achieve client satisfaction with and loyalty to CGI.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• University degree or equivalent qualification
• Previous experience of business development at non-executive levels and developing proposals with a consistently good win rate
• Experience within the satellite remote sensing or geospatial industries
• Familiarity with software development processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail
• A winning mind-set, self-starter and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
• Able to work from CGI’s Leatherhead office on a daily basis if required
• Demonstrates good commercial acumen and business awareness
• Strong analytical skills
• Previous experience of working with the European Space Agency
• Previous experience of software/web development (e.g. Java, C++), IT infrastructure and/or IT service delivery
• Proven ability to negotiate with customers and suppliers
Occasional trips to CGI’s customers in Europe and Worldwide will be required.
Candidates must be SC cleared or SC Clearable.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.