At Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our hotel as a Reservations Sales Agent, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide over the telephone will make our guest feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come. The beginning of an exceptional guest experience starts with you!
Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki is a 4.5-star hotel and opened in December 2015. The hotel has 85 rooms, an a la carte restaurant and bar, a conference room, and a boardroom.
This role will be full-time (minimum 30 hours per week), during normal business hours (unless otherwise agreed) and will report directly to the Front Office Manager (primary) / General Manager (secondary). You will assist with the optimization of the revenue strategy of the hotel by ensuring a quality reservation service to all customers.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service.
· Ensure processes of confirming guest reservations made by/for clients over the phone, personally, internet or e-mail are operating at the highest efficiency
· Answering and responding effectively to all inquiries on hotel reservations in a knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt manner.
· Determine guest needs and quotes the appropriate room and rate as per requirements
· Book and enter room reservation requests using Opera Property Management System
· Enter rooming lists while ensuring accuracy, as required
· Update reservations ensuring a flawless check-in and check out process
· Understand revenue management strategies, up-sell and promote hotel facilities and service at every available opportunity in order to maximise sales revenue
· Ensure that all operational procedures (invoicing of cancellations etc.), related to other departments are carried out within the deadlines to ensure optimal customer service
· Liaise with sales and other departments as required
· Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
· Other duties as assigned may include transport of guests to and from the airport, covering the reception desk/work the occasional Guest Service Agent shift.
· Guest focused personality and attitude is essential
· Minimum 1-year experience in a similar capacity or preferably in the are of hotel guest services, hospitality diploma or degree will be an advantage
· Good communication skills
· Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in English
· Exceptional telephone manner, email, and computer skills
· Prior experience working with Opera PMS or a related system is required
· Knowledge and experience using relevant Accor systems will be beneficial and you are able to learn new systems with ease
· Knowledge of Accor’s Accor Live Limitless Loyalty program will be beneficial
· Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Good typing skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
· Highly responsible and reliable
· Self-motivated and energetic
· Service orientated with an eye for detail
· Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
· Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
· A full NZ driver’s license is essential as you may be required to do guest airport transfers
**Full position description available on request**
Citizenship, residency, or a valid open work visa still valid for 2 years is required to be considered for this position. No sponsorship will be available.
Expected wage range - $19-$21 per hour based on experience
· Staff meals
· Additional hotel specific discounts