Leisure Club Manager
• To set cost control processes including labour costs and forecasting
• To ensure compliance with company brand standards and standard operating procedures
• To ensure Spa Naturel has a marketing strategy that reflects the target market.
• To set the membership strategy including new sales, retention and attrition.
• To manage and recruit a team of leisure club attendants, reception, spa therapists and cleaning staff.
• To ensure that all training and training records are up to date and complete. Specifically – Team member induction, probationary training, ongoing training and cross training, training for career development.
• To ensure all team members are aware of Spa Naturel performance goals and set individual goals and objectives.
• To review on a daily basis all aspects of operations within Spa Naturel
• To ensure that all health and safety considerations are actioned. Specifically – COSHH, Risk assessments, Personal protective equipment, swimming pool water quality checks and pool plant operations.
• To ensure that all other legislation relevant to Spa Naturel is adhered to.
• To attend regular Operations and HOD meetings
• To handle customer complaints and queries, ensuring that all responses meet company standards
• Optimise membership enquiries and conversion.
• Minimise membership attrition
• Undertake monthly membership direct debit run. Minimise DD rejections
• Ensure all team members are fully trained in sales techniques and club sales tours and how to close a sale.
• Applies the price and commercial policy of the establishment to maximise the turnover of your department.
• Establishes excellent relations with all customers.
• Be aware of the needs of the customers by constantly listening to them.
• Know the services offered by the hotel and promote them to the customers.
• Assist in the preparation of marketing plans and commercial actions for the hotel or the market and ensures the content is applied to the day to day operation.
• Regularly checks the quality of the service provision offered by means of customer’s comments and feedback during work meetings,
• Monitors the competitors are doing.
• Be involved in the local environment in order to understand the expectations of the local customers.
• Supervises the Spa and leisure reception activities
• Checks the organisation of spa bookings, ensuring that all information is correctly transmitted to the various other departments involved.
• Be involved in welcoming customers and maintaining their loyalty.
• Checks the daily billing, cashings and work reports.
• Checks the treatment room occupancy plan and the management of 'no-shows'.
• Takes part in debtors meetings and takes actions to recover any debts concerning the hotel.
• Prepares the annual budgets for the department, analyse the results and implements any corrective actions as required.
• Checks and analyses the management reports taking in to consideration turnover, occupancy rate, average price per treatment, business forecasts, staff schedules.
• Be involved in budgeting for any improvements for the Spa.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
• Follows all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines especially with regards to Health & Safety and security of employees and guests
• Monitors purchasing practices within the responsible departments to ensure maximum quality to lowest possible price
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
• Screens, interviews and selects potential team members and supervisors for the department
• Develops and recommends appropriate training to meet guest needs
• Identifies training needs
• Strives to reduce sick-leave and turnover within the departments
• Strives to reduce work related accidents within the departments
• Ensure that staff is delivering Mercure Touch and arrange refresher training where necessary
• Identifies employees with potential for promotion and / or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her together with the HR Manager
• Shows involvement and is interested in environmental and or social & ethical issues by participating in responsible business activities
• Promotes the Responsible Business programme to guests at all times
• Is actively involved in finding ways of reducing waste and minimizing energy usage
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
• Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
• Ensures the safety of people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations
• Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
• Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance and body language and conduct
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Health / Social
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Here are some other vacancies your might like
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.