As an Accounts Assistant you will support the finance team and you will be involved in all areas of finance. This will include Credit Control, Purchase Ledger, Cashiering, M&E Billing, F&B Cost Control and Accounts Payable, with particular focus on Income Audit.
What you will do
• Perform general cashier functions and process the Hotel’s commission payments
• Reconcile, record and process hotel banking ensuring all information is present and accounted for
• Process all foreign currency payments in line with company policy and money laundering regulations
• Maintain a system of control to ensure all hotel floats are reconciled and balanced to the correct levels while also performing ad-hoc random float counts to ensure procedure is being followed
• Complete any ad hoc duties that may be required by either the Assistant Financial Controller or Financial Controller
What we are looking for
• Strong communication skills and experience in interacting with both external suppliers and internal hotel associates
• Someone able to proactively build relationships with customers and relevant hotel departments
• IT skills include SUN (financial system) and Fidelio (PMS system), MS Excel and MS word.
• Someone with excellent time management skills and be able to meet strict deadlines
Sofitel and its Ambassadors
The Sofitel brand is based on three core values guaranteed by each employee every day:
A Passion for Excellence, an Essence of Pleasure and a Spirit of Openness.
Through their actions and know-how, the Men and Women that are the creators of Sofitel’s luxury, offer clients a highly personalised service. By transforming every detail into a unique moment of pure comfort and elegance , they create and nurture a relationship with their guests.
The Sofitel values are also at the heart of the communication between employees. It is the legacy received and transmitted by all those involved in the brand to guarantee the continuity of the Sofitel spirit in the hotels and headquarters.
Watch the video
Ideal candidate profile
Level of Education Others
Areas of study Other
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements